Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

'run as Admin' option for file explorer entry

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We use the 'file explorer' entry to open a fileshare with specific username + password. Once opened the fileshare can be used in other applications without having a credential entry popup.

However when that application runs as admin it has no access to that fileshare. Running RdM as admin and opening the fileshare that way solves that issue;

For us it would be nice if "run as admin" was a option on that entry (like the powershell entry).

[Info: We use this to map drives on Dev/Test Virtual machines running externally (cloud hosted). For debugging from Visual Studio (which in my case runs under admin credentials) i need to map that fileshare as admin. ]

Clock2 mths

Hello,
I will add this to our todo list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

Hello,

Just to be sure, do you mean when using the entry in external mode? For the embedded mode, I don't think it's possible to do this.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock26 days

a.t.m. i am not opening it in external mode ; but no problem to open it external. The only reason we use those entries in this case is to open the fileshare which will save the credentials and allow other applicatien (running in the same account) to access files and folders in the fileshare.

Clock25 days

Hold your horses; i might not even need the 'admin' option. I noticed when i pressed "open externally" a popup came to enter my credentials while internal i don't have the issue. When i entered the credential info (pasted from RdM) it went trough.

( Note that i assume there is a difference in running the application as admin and not running as admin. )

Clock25 days

Hello,

Just as information, right now when using embedded or external, the way RDM makes use of the credentials is through the net use command.
Since opening in external calls explorer.exe, it's possible that Windows stores these credentials in a different way on the machine.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock25 days

I can confirm open 'internal / tabbed' is working fine while doing open external shows the windows credential pop-up...
Note that the credential pop-up show my windows username and not the username which is bound with the entry.

see image in attachment.

Can you guys find a way to fix the 'external' mode of the entry? I think that would solve my issue's without the need of the admin option wink

2019-11-06_09h18_12.png
Clock11 days

Hello,

Our ticket for this issue is still opened but at the moment we're not sure how to achieve this.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock11 days