Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Custom view setting - save as

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to save the current view in RDM to a file that then loads at next start, or has the option to? Possibly set as a default view?

What I mean is saving my RDM session as a template or file of some kind; saving with it all the open sessions and how they are open (split-screen,embedded, undocked, maximized, etc), along with the order of the tabs and any other settings that are reset when RDM closes.

Basically, I use split screen with about 15 sessions open and every time I open RDM I have to drag all the entries to their appropriate sides. Cumbersome.

Possible?

Clock2 mths

Hello,
Do you mean that we could remember the state per session entry?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Not sure if this answers your question, but I'm trying to not have to drag each time to its respective half of RDM each time I open it. It opens all the previous sessions fine, but it loads them all embedded and maximized. I'm trying to open it and have it look exactly like I did before I closed it...renamed tabs, tab position and order, etc.

Clock2 mths

The problem is that if you don't open exactly the same session I will not know what do to with the workspace. I have an idea but I'm not sure if it will good for you. I would like to add a configuration for embedded like external. For example you could specify:

Display [Embedded] Mode [...]

Where ... could be
- Monitor #1
- Monitor #2
- Horizontal split screen
- Vertical split screen

What do you think

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hmm yes I believe that would work. In this scenario, the configuration would be located in the object's properties window? And it would be hard coded to open in the set fashion every time? Sounds like a solution.

Clock2 mths

Thank you for the response. Yes it will be located in the properties but this is something that could be overridden in the user specific settings.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths