Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

"ENTER" switches focus out of RDP session, if using multiple vaults

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Reproduce:

• Create Vault 1
  • Create RDP Session 1 in Vault 1 (it needs to be a working session)
  • Create Vault 2
  • Create RDP Session 2 in Vault 2 (it maybe needs to be a working session ?)
  • Go to Vault 1 and start RDP Session 1
  • Within this session open a text editor and type: "Hello[ENTER]World" (this should produce two lines with "Hello" and "World", as expected).
  • Go to Vault 2 and select (not start) RDP Session 2.
  • In your RDP Session 1, try to do the test again. When you press ENTER, the RDP Session 2 is started, not expected.

So it looks like ENTER is send to RDM no matter if I'm "inside" a RDP session. All other inputs (mouse and other keys) are send to the RDP session.

Note, that I at some point disabled the option to change the navigation tree to the current active session. I can't find this option at the moment, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

If I am not mistaken, the option you are referring to is called "Auto select item on tab focus". This option can be found under File -> Options -> User Interface -> Tree View
autoSelect

Could you please try to activate this option and see if the same issue occurs?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

autoSelect.jpg
Clock3 mths

Hi James,

Thank you for pointing it out - that's the one I was talking about. It was already activated, so I must have activated it again. I tried turning it off and do my test again with the same result.

Clock3 mths

Hello Anders,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Since this option did not work for you, would it be possible for you to go under File -> Options -> Advanced and check "Use manual activate tab" in the "Other Options" section and see if this issue persist?
UseManualTab

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

UseManualTab.jpg
Clock3 mths

Hi James,

I did what you suggested (even restarted RDM after changing the setting, just to be sure), but it did not change the behavior.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

What version of RDM are you running?

Could you try RDM 2019.2.9.0? You can download it here
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Jean-Francois,

I'm running 2019.1.41.0
Can I have both the current version and the beta version installed side by side?

Kind regards,

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Indeed, it's possible to run 2 versions of RDM side-by-side. To do so, you would need to follow the steps in this article
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_portableusb.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Jeff,

Got away from testing this issue, but can report that it's still a thing in version 2019.2.19.0 64-bit.

Clock13 days

Hello, Anders,

A ticket has been assigned to our QA Department in order to see if we can reproduce this issue in our environment.
We will be in touch as soon as we will have an update on that matter.

For further reference, the ticket number is QA-1187.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

Hello Anders,

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to reproduce this issue on our end.

That said, would it be possible for you to try the latest version of RDM as a portable version in order to keep your current configuration untouched and see if this issue persists? If it does, we will require a recording showing the steps you took to reproduce this issue.

To do so, you will need to download the .zip file below, extract it's content in a newly created folder, enter your current serial and run the executable: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/thankyou/rdmbin

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

Hi James,

It seems that I can't recreate it in 2019.2.220.0 - only a little, but then I don't know if it is by design.
I have done as you asked, downloaded the portable version, signed into my enterprise serial, created some test sessions and found out how I can remake the thing I found (but might be by design).

The change in reproducing is that I can't make it switch between RDP sessions by pressing enter in a RDP session, but from a RDP session to a web site session, by pressing enter in the RDP session.

See attached video.

Also - the portable app crashed/quit by itself once while recording.

Another note - I downloaded the portable version, did some experimenting, quit it, deleted it and unpacked again. Starting it again, it remembered my local data source sessions. Is that normal?

2019-12-11_17h30_36.mp4
Clock4 days

Hello Anders,

Glad to see that this issue does not seem to occur in RDM. I will see if I am able to reproduce the only part of the issue which remains where the focus change from your RDP session to a Web Session when you press on enter.

As for the issue you have encountered with your portable version of RDM, I suspect that it is caused by the fact that your Data Source is saved locally on your workstation. The fact of deleting your portable version and creating a new one won't affect this Data Source and it is also the reason why your new portable version had it already configured.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock4 days