Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

ssh - copy text with mouse

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

I'm using the free version, ignore me if you want ...

I would like to see text copy with mouse in ssh windows revert back to how it worked in 5.1.3.0 whereby selecting to the last character of the line copies just that, however extending beyond the last character sees the selection reach the right hand end of the screen which when pasted also pastes a carriage return.

Versions later to 5.1.3.0 don't allow you to select up until the last character - doing that sees the selection breach to the end of the screen, after which pasting does not include a carriage return.

I'm still using 5.1.3.0 because of this!

Thanks
Angus

Clock2 mths

We wont ignore you, how can we expect you to talk to your friends about the great product that saves you time!?!

Much like gaming, converting 1% of our free users to paid users is worth supporting all of you!

We're going to look into this, we've rewritten a bunch of stuff in the SSH connection, I dont know yet if its fixable, but we'll get back to you shortly...

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us on that matter. A ticket has been assigned to our engineering department in order to see what can be done.
I will be in touch as soon as I will have an update on this.

For further reference, the ticket number is RDMW-3767.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I know this was the case at some point, but it has been fixed. I guess it will be in the next free version.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,
Here is the link for the Free Edition beta download

https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManagerFree.2019.2.8.0.exe

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Whoah - Beta works as hoped!

Thank you so much!

Regards
Angus

Clock2 mths

Hello again,

Two more observations on Beta:

If you select 2 lines where the first line is exactly the width of the screen, you get an extra line in between when pasting:

=== On screen
[angus@server ~]# echo "line 1 - fits the width of the screen followed by a carria
ge return ===================="
line 1 - fits the width of the screen followed by a carriage return ====================
[angus@server ~]#

=== On screen

=== Select/Paste
[angus@server ~]# echo "line 1 - fits the width of the screen followed by a carria
ge return ===================="
line 1 - fits the width of the screen followed by a carriage return ====================

[angus@server

=== Select/Paste

Notice also the last line has lost its trailing characters - should be:

[angus@server ~]#

These issues are not there on RDMF 5.1.3.0

Regards
Angus

Clock2 mths

Thanks for the info. One edge case that slipped by me. I'll fix this as soon as possible.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Well after investigation, it turns out this has already been fixed! It will be available in the next release.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Righto thanks Denis.

Clock2 mths