Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

Application focus with split-screen in RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

In RDM 2019.2.6.0, if there are two panes (eg RDP on left and RDP on right) and I am working in the right RDP session, the focus reverts back to the left RDP session if I switch to another application and back.

Maybe by design - but shouldn't it retain focus in the most recently used session?

Clock2 mths

I will verify but I think that the application give back the focus to the main windows. I know that in .NET we don't have an event like OnApplicationLostFocus or OnApplicationGotFocus to save the state. If anybody have an idea let me know.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thanks. Another related bug - when the tab/session on the right is selected, the tab title/text is bold. If I click the open session on the left (not selecting the tab but the open session itself) and then move back to the right in the same way, the text is not bolded making it visually indistinguishable which session I'm in.

Clock2 mths

Hello Martin,

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot to show the issue?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Screenshot or video? Screenshot won't show anything except a tab without a bolded title/text.

Clock2 mths

A video would be great if possible.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Can you send the secure link? This recording should show both the focus issue, as well as the bold-text bug I mentioned.

Clock2 mths

You can send us the recording through here: https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Sent!

Clock2 mths

Thank you, I've received it successfully. smile I understand what you mean, we've opened a ticket and will take a look at the issue.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thank you Hubert.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Just an update, it might be difficult to fix the issue, since it seems that the Microsoft RDP ActiveX control interferes with the third party control we use for the split tabs. I'm not sure what we can do to fix the issue at the moment but we will keep investigating.

As a workaround, it looks like if your entries are using FreeRDP instead of the ActiveX, it works well. If your servers work well with FreeRDP, I suggest switching them to it if this focus issue makes your work difficult.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Understood, thank you Hubert.

Clock2 mths

Martin_ wrote:

Thanks. Another related bug - when the tab/session on the right is selected, the tab title/text is bold. If I click the open session on the left (not selecting the tab but the open session itself) and then move back to the right in the same way, the text is not bolded making it visually indistinguishable which session I'm in.

Reporting that this issue still exists in 2019.2.14.0. It is visually indistinguishable which tab is selected/being viewed after clicking on something else (like the navigation tab or another open RDP session on the opposite half the screen.

Clock16 days

Hello,

You're right, we haven't found a solution yet for this issue, but it is still being looked at.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock16 days