Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Connect When Available Improvements

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi guys,

I have just discovered the Connect When Available function, which basically is exactly what I have been searching for.
However, so far I have always used Tools->Check Availability where I got a graphical feedback about if the host is responding to pings again and when the port is open again.
Would it be possible to implement that sort of graphical feedback to the Connect When Available function?

Also I would like to know if it is possible to set a port scan timeout?
I switched from ping test to port scan as sometimes the server would still be rebooting, but is already answering pings. This would lead to failed reconnect attempts.
However, since I have set the general online test method to port scan the application hangs a lot as the port scan timeout seems to be too high and I can't find a way to set a different value.
In my opinion it would be great if we could set a manual timeout our a special port scan setting just for the Connect When Available function, so I can leave the rest at ping test.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Mark Hermann - netyard AG

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I think it should be possible to provide a customizable timeout for the portscan and improve the interface. We'll open a ticket for this improvement.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths