Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Share credential with less priviliged user within RDM for a limited amount of time

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We've implemented a complete RBAC model in our RDM. Our users are authorised to access only the credentials that belong to their role of function.
However there are always exceptions. When a first line engineer needs access to a credential he normally should not be able to access. Of course we could make a change in the permissions but the people managing the permissions are not the same as the persons that have access to the required credentials.

What happens now is that 2nd line colleagues share these credentials outside of RDM, causing a risk of storing a credential in another system and not being able to audit the use of that specific credential from within RDM.

What I would like is the option to temporary share a credential entry with a less priviliged user for a certain periode of time. The audit logs should register the fact that the credential was shared.
This could perhaps be a permission you could assign to users to be able to share items.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

What type of data source are you currently using?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

We're using DPS as the data source for our RDM environment (which is using Microsoft SQL)

Clock2 mths

Hello,

In a near future, it would be possible via DPS, using the PAM functionality, to generate a temporary password valid for a certain period of time.
However, I cannot provide you an exact date for it's delivery, but you can always follow our release notes
https://server.devolutions.net/release-notes

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Jeff.

thanks for your response
I hope the new PAM functionality you described meets our requirements! I will keep a close look on the release-notes.
I noticed there is already some recent documentation on the PAM functionality in the online help, is there some further clarification available what the PAM functionality offers exactly?

best regards

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I think this blog will answer your questions
https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/05/update-devolutions-pam-platform-for-smbs

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths