Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Quick Connect template indicator / display

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

In the Quick Connect field, you can right click to select a profile/template to use. When you have multiple templates, sometimes you lose track of which one is the active one.

Is it possible to add some sort of icon indicator in the Quick Connect field to display the current active template being used? Or even display the full name of the template that is in use?

Always using the latest beta RDM x64 version.
Local data source.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Do you think changing the hover text of the template button to show the name of the template would be a good solution? So instead of just saying "quick connect", giving the template name here:

2019+09+27+8+41+06

Otherwise, could you show where you imagined an icon, and what it would look like?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2019-09-27_8-41-06.png
Clock3 mths

Hmm well I could simply just right click into the <Host> field and look at the template that is currently selected / in-use. But that is an extra step, same as hovering the mouse over an icon and wait for it to show the template name. Ideally, I want it to show permanently on the title bar, or somewhere at the status bar. I would like to just look at the name at a quick glance, without actually performing an extra step.

Local data source.

Clock3 mths

Any updates on this please?

Local data source.

Clock11 days

Hello,
This is the kind of feature that I would like to have more than one user since it will have visual impact. That why Hubert was suggesting in the hover.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

Hi David,

Not sure what you mean by "have more than one user".

The reason for my feature request is I would like to quickly glance at e.g. a status bar or somewhere to look at the currently selected template. This can be easily achieved without moving your mouse around and hovering on top of a text.

The suggestion from Hubert isn't any better than me just right clicking on the Quick Connect field to look at what template is selected. It isn't any more efficient or faster.

The status bar already shows some information, so why not show the template selected in here as well?

Local data source.

Clock10 days

Hello,

We will add the quick connect template name to the status bar.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock10 days