Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

WinSCP - Shell

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

In WinSCP it's possible to change the default shell to e.g. /bin/bash, while the user bash is /bin/csh.
If I use WinSCP with RDM I'm not able to set the shell in RDM, but WinSCP just can handle /bin/bash.

Do you have an idea, how I can set the shell in RDM, or do I need to ask for a feature request?

Thank you!

BR,
Tobi

Clock2 mths

Hello,
Do you know if this setting can be send to the winscp command line?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi David,

I used the following:

open scp://user@10.10.10.10:22 -rawsettings Shell=/bin/bash

Best regards,
Tobi

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the example, we'll open a ticket for this request. As a workaround, I think you can already put in the "Other parameters" section the 'rawsettings' parameter in your example.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,

Thank you for the information, using it with "Other parameters" works!
So maybe just the user manual should be a bit more explaining about what's possible. wink

Just one more question, otherwise I can also start a new thread:
- If I start a session that opens WinSCP in embedded mode and a second session (duplicated settings), that second session is not starting embedded, but external.
Is it a bug, or maybe some setting I missed?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Tobi

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I'm glad it works for you.

For the issue opening two WinSCPs embedded, I feel like this is an issue with how we try to find the window to embed. RDM probably keeps finding the first WinSCP window, and since it's already embedded, it does nothing. I'll open a ticket for this issue but it might not be easy to fix, since embedding external applications is always a little finnicky.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello Hubert,

Thank you for the information.
If there will be a fix, great. If not, ok, it's working anyway ;-)

BR
Tobi

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, I was also looking for this setting.
Hoping this feature will be implemented.

(Congratulations to the team Dévolutions for this great tool)

Clock2 mths

Hello,

This option is in winscp here see attached screenshot, it will be great do use it in embedded scp, because i don't want to install everywhere winscp.

So i'm curious where do you have this parameter in RDM, can i have a example in screenshot please .

Regards

Olivier

Screen Shot 10-14-19 at 01.56 PM.PNG
Clock2 mths

Hi,

@oschott Right now, the embedded SCP of RDM has no options to specify the shell to use. It opens the default shell and auto detects if it is either a windows command line or a unix command line (assumed to be bash).

I will take this opportunity to suggest you try SFTP instead. Chances are (and they are really high) that servers you access using SCP also support SFTP, since these are both SSH protocols, they will accept the same credentials and access the same accounts and directories. But SFTP is a much more complete and robust protocol. File transfers should also be faster with SFTP.

It is possible to add a new feature to SCP to specify the shell to use if you prefer though, but I have already a lot to do and it might take some time.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

Hello Tobi,

A fix has been made to allow for multiple WinSCP sessions to be embedded. It should be available in the next beta version 2019.2.12.0.

Regards

Jonathan Del Signore
signaturesignature

Clock25 days

Dear all,

This post was helpful for allowing me to connect to a NetScaler device, using the following additional settings;

Other parameters: -rawsettings Shell=shell

Kind regards

Clock21 days