Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Problem with connection using Wayk Now i RDM Enterprise

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

When i connect through Wayk Now MSI everything going well m but when i create in RDM i have problem about TLS handshake.

Can you help me.

error-wayk.png
Clock2 mths

Hello

Please can you confirm the version of Remote Desktop Manager you are using? You can discover that by navigating to Help > About in the ribbon.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello i am using:
RDM Enterprise Edition

Version 2019.1.41.0 64 bit.

Stay in touch.

Clock2 mths

Anything new ????

Clock2 mths

Hi,

Can you tell me if you are making a direct connection using the hostname or IP address, or using the Wayk Den ID? Which Wayk Now server are you using (is it Windows with the .msi installer?)

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello

I am using Wayk Den ID. And now when i see on my Den that server is online i cannot connect there.

I have alarm "The connection cannot be established

I really dont know whats up. I am trying to connect to diferent computers and servers for 2 months and all the time is somethong.

Sorry that i mantion about it but Teamviewer is working all the time. Pls do something i really wan t to use only your soft but i cannot.

Thx

Clock2 mths

Hello

When connecting via the Wayk ID, Wayk uses a technology similar to WebRTC to establish the peer-to-peer connection. This is really great for establishing connections across NATs, firewalls, etc; but it sometimes doesn't work well in every network environment. We are working on adding additional options for establishing connections that will make things more robust for all of our users. You can look for improvements coming in the next versions of Wayk Now.

In the meantime, the first thing I would recommend you try is to enable the relay server option. On the Wayk Now client, you can find this under 'Options > Connectivity > Prioritize relay servers for peer-to-peer connections'. On RDM, the option is "Prefer Relay" and appears on the General tab of your Wayk Now connection.

Enabling this will try to relay the connection using TCP/8080 and you may find it more robust.

If you are still experiencing issues, providing a log file from your client will help us troubleshoot. In Wayk Now, you can enable the log by navigating to Options > Advanced, and switching the logging level to DEBUG. You will need to relaunch the client for the change to take effect. When you experience a connectivity issue, you can provide us the log file (either here on the forum or to support@devolutions.net), which you will find in %appdata%\wayk\logs\WaykNow.log.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

It still not work. I cannot connect i attachement you have log file.

WaykNow.log
Clock2 mths

Hello again

Thanks for providing the log file. The issue seems to be related a stability problem that occurred with Wayk Den last week. To further troubleshoot, we'll need a little more information/

On the server - the machine you are connecting to - can you restart the Wayk Now Unattended Service, and at the same time enable logging?

From an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt and "Run as administrator"):

net stop wayknowservice
wayk-now config --global logginglevel 1
net start wayknowservice

Please let me know if you are able to connect successfully after following those steps. If the connection still fails, please provide the server log file from %programdata%\wayk\logs\nowservice.log

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello

After doing this things now i can connect to server but only from Wayk App.

When i wanna use RDM i have error that i cannot resolve the name and establish the connection.

In attachment you will have new log file.

Thx

WaykNow.log
Clock2 mths

Hello

The service log file shows a successful inbound connection at 8:49am; but it's hard for me to correlate that timestamp with the timing of your post.

Please can you provide the corresponding application log (from the machine you are connecting *from*). That is the file in %appdata%\wayk\logs\wayknow.log.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello
This is log file. Now i cannot check anything can you give me Trial once more ?

Stay in touch.

WaykNow.log
Clock2 mths

Hello,

I just sent you a new trial license via private message.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello

Thank you
i Still cannot connect you have the newest log file

WaykNow.log
Clock2 mths

Mabe i do something wrong?

Clock2 mths

Hello

Thanks for providing the current log file.

I expect the problem is due to an issue with the remote machine communication with Wayk Den (similar to what was discussed here). If possible, can you reboot the remote machine (or at least restart the Wayk Now Unattended Service) and check if connectivity is restored?

I apologise for the inconvenience. Connectivity between the Wayk Now client and Wayk Den is currently the focus of a redesign, and we hope to significantly increase reliability with the move to Wayk Den v2. Those improvements are expected by the end of this month (see this post for more details on that).

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths