Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

what is the "break" keyboard shortcut?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Hazen,

We tested with Rlflobker and it works on his computer. have you tried to restart your RDM?
Could you try the Putty session in RDM?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I can confirm that for me this works flawlesly and consistently.

Without the keyboard magnet I can send both Ctrl-6 and Ctrl-Shift-6, they both break my running ping on a Cisco switch.

Also changing the keys in the options to "when not in Session" had the desired effect.

I will check again tonight to see if I can find some differences., maybe pertaining to a session type or remote device.
Maybe the difference now is Rebex vs SSH shell, I will double check just to be sure.

Clock2 mths

interesting. ill create a rebex session to see if I see anything different.
Also, if you click the magnet.. how does that affect F5 when using webpage entries? Are you not able to refresh or find (CTRL+F) when using websites within RDM if you click the magnet?

Clock1 mth

The magnet manage all shortcut in RDM. I recommend you to use the "When not in session" feature.

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth

Hi,

I just want to let you know I found another issue with key combinations like ctrl + 6, especially on non english keyboard layouts. I'll let you know when I found the solution.

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

I made a correction, it should be available in the next version.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

I got some things mixed up when testing.

To clarify;

Session type "SSH Shell"
Ctrl-6 and Ctrl-Shift-6 never work, turning off the Magnet and the shortcut key in the Options does not have any effect.

Session type "SSH Rebex"
Magnet on / shortcut keys in Options enabled > break does not work, Ctrl-6 and Ctrl-Shift-6 have no effect.
Key combinations (or magnet) turned off DOES work > Ctrl-6 (x2) breaks and Ctrl-Shift6 also breaks.

So with Rebex as the SSH session type we can get this working , by turning of the key combinations in the Options.

Clock30 days

ok, I knew I wasn't crazy. I am using SSH shell as my entry types. So I wasn't sure how devolutions said they tested it with you and got it working when it didn't work for me.

Clock30 days

^Yeah sorry for the mix-up.
When testing I noticed turningthe magnet / key combo off did work, but forgot to verify with the other SSH session types.

Clock30 days