Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Suppress Prompts For Update

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

We are deploying WaykNow enterprise wide and would like to know if it is possible to suppress the prompt to update that appears when a new version is released. We are deploying an MSI file silently and bundling this with the "Wayk-Now config" commands through a powershell script. In reading your documentation we don't see any command line options to suppress the upgrade prompts. My fear is that when a new version is released every client machine will start prompting to upgrade and annoy my users.
Thanks,
Ryan Ramer

Clock24 days

Hi Ryan,

I just checked, and "wayk-now config VersionCheck false" should do it. I installed an older version of Wayk Now, disabled the version check, and it worked. You can re-enable it with "wayk-now config VersionCheck true".

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock24 days

On a separate topic, we recently had a 2-day company Hackathon, and my project was to work on a PowerShell cmdlet to automate common Wayk Now tasks. I didn't the time to try and make a PowerShell equivalent of "wayk-now config" but I did manage to implement commands to install, update and uninstall Wayk Now. I also made commands to start/stop/restart all Wayk Now processes, including the system service.

It's now available on PSGallery, but you can find the original source code and readme here: https://github.com/devolutions/WaykNow-ps

I'm curious to know if this could help you with an automated deployment of Wayk Now, especially for updating it on all your machines. It's just a start, we will keep improving it over time.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock24 days

Thank you Marc-Andre. The VersionCheck command is exactly what I was looking for.

The WaykNow PowerShell cmdlet looks very promising. I'm going to rewrite the script to install using this cmdlet. I like this method as it will always install the latest. I'll post my script back here when I'm finished.

Clock24 days