Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Web site session, download file should have a "Default download location" setting

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi!

Maybe I have missed the option or help page about this (I looked, I promise!), but I can't find the option, so I suggest the following feature:

I use the Web Site session to open some web sites, using Google Chrome.
Downloading a file this way gives me three options:

• Download
  • Download As
  • Execute

The "Download" downloads the file into the %temp% folder of my computer.

It would be nice, if I could change this (via options?) to my computers "Download" folder. So it works like other browsers.

Bonus feature for "Download As" is that it works the way it does now, but it suggest a name for the file being downloaded. Right now you have to enter a name, but I think most people don't want to give the download a name - they just want to download the file to another folder than the standard folder.

Triple bonus combo feature: An option to default the download action, so the browser automatically just downloads the file or the Save As-prompt.

Mu-mu-mu-multikill bonus combo feature: These settings can be set globally and on the individual session entries.

Thank you for your time and awesome product!

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thanks for the ideas. I think it should be possible to do all of them. We'll add this to our todo list smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Hubert,

Sounds good. Thanks!

/Anders

Clock3 mths

Hello Hubert,

is there any new information about the "feature"?

Regards,

Patrick

Clock14 days

Hello,

This is still on our todo list as we've had other priorities at the moment.

As a note, the "save as" not having a default file name was an issue that will be fixed in RDM 2019.2.20.0.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock14 days

Hello,

These options will be available with version 2019.2.21.0, both as a per entry setting and a global one.

Regards

Jonathan Del Signore
signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Awesome! Thank you for the update.

Clock7 days