Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Bug: "Unable to Connect to your Data Source"-error when using search over all vaults

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
We're having issues with the new search over "All Vaults" feature.
When activated, you get the error "Unable to Connect to your Data Source" when trying to search something.

We could temporary resolve the issue with restarting the service on the server.
After a while the error appears again though.

Kind regards,
Riccardo

Clock2 mths

Hello,

What Remote Desktop Manager version are you using?

From you screen shot, I see that you are connected to a Devolutions Password Server data source. What DPS version are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,
We're using the following versions.

Remote Desktop Manager: 2019.1.41.0
DPS: 2019.1.20.0

Best regards,
Riccardo

Clock2 mths

Hello,
Do you have any relevant error messages in the DPS logs? Please see the following online help page on how to view logs.
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/configure_dvlslogs.htm
Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Erica,

I just reproduced the error and couldn't find any new/relevant log entries.

Best regards,
Riccardo

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I would need more information on your actual configuration. I think it would be easier to do a remote session to investigate this behaviour. Could you please send an email to ticket@devolutions.net and will send you the instructions to book an appointment. Please mention this forum post in your email.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce the issue internally. A ticket has been sent to our engineering department. For future references, the internal ticket number is RDMW-3671.

As a workaround, you can configure your IIS Application pool to be reset nightly. That should help to not get the error anymore. Please see the following knowledge base article about it.
https://devolutions.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/article/602767371

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock29 days

Hello,

@everyone, configuring the DPS IIS Application Pool to recycle nightly helped the customer to resolve the issue. We are still investigating this issue internally.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock18 days