Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

High CPU loading when using google drive as source data

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello! When I leave the RDM laptop in sleep mode, the laptop often wakes up by itself. This is not necessarily due to RDM, there is probably another reason. But when I turn on the laptop after hibernation or long idle time, the RDM heavily loads the processor. I use process explorer, apparently because of the use of Google disk as a data source.

1.png
2.png
3.png
Clock6 days

Hello,

What type of file are you using to store your data on Google Drive? Is it .xml, .db or something else?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

I don't know because when created data source, no option to choose. I open file with notepad think it is encrypted XML.

1.png
2.png
Clock6 days

Hello,

Our QA department will try to reproduce your issue, but it may not be an easy task.

When the CPU peak after a long idle time, if you restart RDM, you are good to go after right?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Yes, if i restart RDM, cpu not loading heavy. I think this may be due to changes in the data source. Try changing a few sessions. Put the computer to sleep and wake it up.

Clock5 days

Hello,

Is it possible for you to create a XML datasource via the File -> Datasources menu and save the connections.xml file on Google Drive?
Let me know if you encounter the same issue using this type of data source instead.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Do you want that i install the Google drive for Windows client on my notebook? And save the connect.xml file to a folder that will sync with Google Drive? When creating a data source and selecting an XML file, it is impossible to select any other location except locally in the folder. If I select the Google drive as the data source, I cannot specify that the storage format will be XML or some other.

1.png
2.png
Clock5 days

Hello,

Indeed, with google drive datasource, not need to specify an extension, but with XML, yes you need to specify an extension. This mean that a new database would be created.
When the new database would be created, export your sessions via the File -> Export menu from your Google Drive datasource and import them via the File -> Import menu into the XML datasource.

On last thing, yes, the google drive client would need to be installed on your computer so that RDM can browse your computer to access the file.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 days