Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Export all Repositories to .rdm

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there.
Is it possible to export all Repositories to an .rdm file?

We use RDM since V6 or so and upgraded to the version 14 over the years.
Due to some issues with performance we splited our Stuff to Repostiries, works fine so far.
But if we want to add or remove an user, the whole UI hangs.
I checked this with a new DB 2019.14 and imported 40% of our data and had no issues, so we decided to move to a complete new DB and just export the connections/repositories and import to the new DB.

Is there an easy way to get those (~260 Repo's) to the new DB without SQL-Dump (we dont want the issues from the old DB)

EDIT:
For preperation i already created all Repo's on the new Database with the identical name.
Export and Import with matching names possible over Powershell?

EDIT2:
Okay, it seems like not the DB is the problem.
After i created those 260Repositories without any connections, complete empty. The issue with the User is already there...
1min to add a user over the GUI (not responding), with powershell that goe's instantly.
Thank you for some help/advice.
Regards
Manuel

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Are you adding the user account in the User Management dialog from the DPS Console?

Does the machine where DPS is hosted has internet access?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,
Adding the user over the RDM GUI. Even just opening the dialog window (Users) takes about 30seconds. But a click on Vault or Roles is pretty fast.
Yes the Machine has Internet Access.
A Ticket is now open DEVO-6555.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Could you please try to check the Disable user gravatar option in File - Options - Advanced to see if this will help?

2019+08+19+10+32+51

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

2019-08-19_10-32-51.png
Clock3 mths

I disabled user gravatar.
No change, still super slow under "User and Security Management - Users"
Adding a new user takes 45sec.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

We are unable to reproduce that behavior internally. I have tested with an existing database that contains around 215 vaults with 100 user accounts and do not experience any slowness to open the Users Management dialog.

Is it possible to do a remote session to investigate what could cause this slowness in your environment? Please send an email to ticket@devolutions.net to open a ticket and we will send you a link to book an appointment. Please add a reference to this forum thread in your email.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths