Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Multiple connections to a session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all,

I wasn't sure if this is a feature request, or support. Depending on whether it's available right now.
I know there are a couple of ways of connecting to a remote session multiple times concurrently, however the two methods I know of aren't ideal.

1. Create a new/duplicate session (if we need to do this to many machine, it will create a mess)
2. Open another RDM instance

Is it possible to open an existing session (that is already open), using the same session name in the navigation panel?

An example of why I want this is where I need to connect to a session using different credentials (using Select Credentials menu item), mainly for testing purposes.
My admin account is generally what I use to connect to a server, but if I make a change or need to see how something affects another user, I want to logon to the same machine concurrently with different credentials.

Clock3 mths

Hi Chadzero
This feature is already builtin, edit the RDP entry, on the 'Advanced' tab (the one on the bottom) you get a screen where you can set 'Allow open multiple connections' which is set to default (False). update this to True for this entry.
Or you can set it in the defaults. I think it is the one in File - Options - Advanced - Allow multiple instances.
Succes! Ben

Clock3 mths

Perfect!
Thanks Ben05.

I set this in the application options but it didn't seem to make a difference. Once I changed it on the session itself, it worked.

Clock3 mths

Hello chadzero,

setting to allow multiple connection to a session (application wide):
File => Options => General => Allow multiple connections (Default)

setting to allow multiple RDM instances:
File => Options => Advanced => Allow multiple instances

to apply the application setting the application need to be restarted wink

Regards,
Min

Clock3 mths