Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Browser Plugin Problem after DPS update

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Ups, sorry

Wrong section.
Can anyone move this to the "Devolutions Password Server" section?

Hi

Since the latest DPS release we install yesterday the Devolutions Web Login Browser Addin does not work properly anymore.

We have two problems

If, for example, a firewall access is set up with an IP address, everything works as it should.

The environments are often redundant and therefore there is a second access for the firewall.
If the second IP address is entered in the field: Add Equivalent URL, the browser plugin no longer recognizes Url.

It only works again if the main IP address is also added to Add Equivalent URL.

I assume that as soon as an entry is added to Add Equivalent URL, the plugin doesn't check the field "Website" anymore.

We can't correct hundreds of entries manually.

Can you please check this?

The plugin displays too many results.

Example

We enter the URL https://test.123.com in the browser.
The plugin now shows all entries where the field Website contains the domain "123.com".
The Bowser plugin does not only refer to the subdomain "test.123.com".

best regards
Simon

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. I just contacted our engineering department on that matter.
I will be in touch as soon as I will have an update on this.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

A ticket for the first issue you reported has been opened and I will contact you as soon as I will have any update on that matter.
For further reference, the ticket number is DPS-3580.

As for the second issue, this is currently the intended behavior. That said, our engineering department are currently in discussion on that matter in order to see what can be done to allow our users to change this.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

As for the second issue, this is currently the intended behavior. That said, our engineering department are currently in discussion on that matter in order to see what can be done to allow our users to change this.

Best regards,

Hi

It would be really important if this works as it did before the update.

In the current state we can not use DPS with the BrowserPlugin much too many entries are displayed.
This plugin is an essential part of our daily work.

Best regards
Simon

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I will make sure to share it with our engineering department.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi James

Any news on this case?

Best regards
Simon

Clock2 mths

Hello,

The issue you reported with the Equivalent URLs not working correctly has been fixed internally and should be available in the next major release.
As for the second issue, would it be possible for you to try the version 2019..2.0.0 of the Web Login and see if the same issue occurs?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi James

As for the second issue, with the Chrome Addin 2019.2.1 it looks like the query will work correctly again.

Can you narrow down when the next major release of DPS will be available?

Beste regards
Simon

Clock2 mths

Hello Simon,

I am glad to see that this version of the extension fixed the issue.
As for the next major release of DPS, it should be soon but I cannot provide you an exact ETA on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths