Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Feature Request

Add VMRC to Launcher

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Add VMRC functionality to launcher so we can use web user can launch console sessions. without having to have VMRC installed and having access to the Vcenter web interface.

Clock3 mths

Hi Ryan,

Adding this to the launcher is very straight forward. This new session type will be released along with the 2019.2 release in the next 3-4 weeks.

Best regards,

Philippe Paré

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Is there an estimated release date for this?

Clock2 mths

Hi Ryan,

I sent you a private message about this, but I re-read your message and I can confirm that your web users won't be able to open VMRC without first installing it. We don't have our own implementation of this, we use the pre-installed VMRC program to start the web interface. I'll look into it to see if we can implement it ourself, but I'd be surprised to see this feature (VMRC without pre-installation) come out soon. We will support it in the Launcher at the same level as RDM though!

Regards,

Philippe Paré

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi again Ryan,

I just checked with my team and we _do_ have a way to open VMRC sessions without installing VMRC! I didn't understand the tool correctly. We will release it soon. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Philippe Paré

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I see the new version of launcher was released this week but doesn't seem to have this functionality. Any idea on it's completion?

Clock26 days

Hi Ryan, We should have it in the next release (a couple of weeks). Thanks for you patience.

Regards,

Philippe Paré

signaturesignature

Clock26 days