Forum / Wayk Now - Support

I cannot connect to my remote machine

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

ok I got it. I will install it to my client and remote machine

Clock2 mths

Hi Marc,

It looks like version 3.3.2 is working now. I was able connect remotely many times to my office machine.

when would this version become public for download?

Thanks!
Erick

Clock2 mths

Hi Marc,

Thank you . This version worked well 3.3.2.

When would this version 3.3.2 be released to the public?

Thanks!
Erick

Clock2 mths

Hi Erick,

We just released Wayk Now 3.3.2 (same build as the one we sent you).

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Marc,

Does the mobile app has this fixed already?

Thanks!

Clock2 mths

Hi Erick

The fixes in 3.2.2 mainly relate to the Windows "server" pieces (for both the unattended and standalone modes). There may not be a corresponding mobile release.

Are you experiencing difficulty with one of the mobile apps?

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Marc.

nvm, mobile app is working.

Thank you!

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I cannot connect to my remote machine again. please investigate the remote log.

WaykNow.log
Clock30 days

Hi Erick

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing further issues.

Can you please share the log file from the machine you are connecting *from*?

Additionally, if possible, can you check for and provide this file from the remote machine: %programdata%\wayk\logs\nowservice.log

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

Sure. remote machine log attached.

NowService.log
Clock30 days

I was able to connect after I rebooted the remote machine. any clues why it becomes unstable?

Clock30 days

Hello Erick

Thanks for providing the log file.

On the 16th at around 17:35, there was a short period when the service was disconnected from Wayk Den. It reconnected at around 17:38. The log seems to indicate that this might have been a general networking / connectivity issue.

The service was then idle until around 11:16 this morning, which seems to be the time you (unsuccessfully) tried to connect.

The errors reported at that time indicate that the service was unable to successfully perform one ore more RPC (remote procedure calls) to the Wayk Den server. We had reports of transient issues with the Wayk Den RPC yesterday afternoon, continuing into today. Certainly not all users were affected, and for affected users, the issue proved to be intermittent. I expect that you were being affected by this.

Our operations team made some changes that should have restored stability, and the are investigating root cause of this. Let us know if you experience ongoing or further issues.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

Thanks you!

Clock30 days

I cannot connect to my remote machine again. can you please check if your services are running? I am really disappointed.

Clock29 days

Hi Erick

Things do seem normal again on our side; although I haven't yet been able to directly confirm that with the infrastructure people.

It seems like earlier, you had restarted your machine (or the Wayk service) which restored your connectivity (at that time).

It was later that our infrastructure team performed the changes on our side.

I suspect that there may be a synchronization issue after our service was re-established, and your service / client.

Please can you try, one more time, to restart the service on your remote machine (from an elevated command prompt: "net stop wayknowservice" then "net start wayknowservice"), or if it's more simple, reboot the remote machine one more time.

Please also relaunch the client on the machine you are connecting from.

I apologize for the inconvenience,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock29 days

I don't have access to the remote machine tonivght. The whole point of this service is to connect remotely anytime I want to my office machine.

Clock29 days

This is my client's machine error log if it helps debugging the issue.

WaykNow.log
Clock29 days

Hello Erick

I understand your frustration, and apologize again for the inconvenience. The sequence of events has been unfortunate here.

The error in your client log file corresponds to the error that was logged by your service this morning before you rebooted the remote machine. This all points to a synchronization problem in the RPCs between the Wayk Now service and our backend.

Essentially:

- Some customers (including yourself) experienced issues with Wayk Den
- You rebooted your machine, which resolved your issue
- Following that, we re-initialized some components of Wayk Den to fix things more broadly
- Your machine is now synchronized with the former state of Wayk Den, and experiences connectivity issues again

I am confident that a further restart of your Wayk Now service (or the remote machine itself) will restore stability for you.

Moving forward, we have identified a few places we can improve reliability here. The communication between our client software and Wayk Den uses an in-house RPC protocol, which has many advantages; however, it is also complex and requires synchronization between the two ends of the connection. The specific calls necessary to establish peer-to-peer connectivity between two clients could be switched over to simpler (secure) HTTP request / responses instead. I can't provide a timeframe for those improvements, but we are prioritizing that internally.

Thanks again for your patience,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock29 days

any feedback on this issue.

I lost connectivity again and I cannot connect back to my remote machine. I think the only way to fix it is to restart my remote machine. any thoughts?

Clock28 days

Hi Erick,

The original incident from earlier this week is officially resolved at this point, so peer-to-peer connectivity should normally work. I can assure you we are taking the situation seriously, and have come up with a plan to make significant changes to internal Wayk Den components in order to reduce the potential for connection errors. We wish to come up with those changes as soon as possible, but it may take up to two months if we don't want to publish a rushed version of it that would cause more problems that it solves. Hopefully, we should have portions of it available before that.

Please note that most connectivity issues observed on the public Wayk Den should not affect smaller scale deployments, such as a private Wayk Den, which is currently available in public beta (https://github.com/devolutions/WaykDen-ps). This could be a potential solution.

In addition to this, we have just published an initial PowerShell cmdlet to automate a few Wayk Now tasks, such as restarting all Wayk Now processes and services correctly (https://github.com/devolutions/WaykNow-ps). I suggest you try using it to restart the machine that no longer accept connections.

One last thing, did you try enabling the "Prioritize using relay servers for peer-to-peer connections" option? (https://helpwayk.devolutions.net/commands_optionsconnectivity.htm#prioritize-relay-servers-for-peer-to-peer-connections). When enabled, it uses TCP/8080 for peer-to-peer connectivity, using a much more reliable transport protocol that the default one. An improved version of this protocol is planned to fully replace the older peer-to-peer protocol.

If you are no longer satisfied with the product, you can always request a refund, no hard feelings.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock28 days