Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Please add the ability to define a specifict playlist default for a folder.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

First I want to say that Remote Desktop Manager if AWESOME !!! AND I am a paying customer (not using the FREE version).

I have grouped my various environments servers in FOLDERS that are also how my servers are defined by DOMAINS. Each FOLDER/DOMAIN group of Severs show up in a TAB for that FOLDER/DOMAIN within the Remote Desktop Manager main window.

SO for example I have DEV, TEST, PROD, folder groups in my setup. Within each folder there are numerous servers defined. Serves within a FOLDER inherit their credentials FROM the DOMAIN parameters defined at the FOLDER level. Also for each group of servers I also have a corresponding Playlist. SO for example in my DEV FOLDER I have servers DEVUTIL1, DEVUTIL2, DEVAPP1, DEVAPP2, DEVWEB1, DEVWEB2. In my TEST FOLDER I HAVE TESTUTIL1, TESTUTIL2, TESTAPP1, TESTAPP2, TESTWEB1, DTESTWEB2.

SO - I also have 2 playlists. My DEVPLAYLIST when executed starts Remote Desktop on ALL of my servers in my DEV FOLDER and logs me in automatically. My TESTPLAYLIST when executed starts Remote Desktop on ALL of my servers in my TEST FOLDER and logs me in automatically.

SO to do this now - AT THE FOLDER LEVEL:

Current Procedure:

Left mouse Click on Navigation: Root Navigation Tree appears.
Right Mouse on DEV Folder: Root Folder tree appears.
Hover Mouse on Playlist -> Hover over Playlist Management - Left Mouse single click "Playlist Management": Playlist Management Dialog Box Pops Up.
Left Mouse double click on DEVPLAYLIST and all of my DEV Remote desktops startup.

This works fine … but I am lazy - AND - sometimes when I am in a HURRY I select the WRONG Playlist for that folder !!

BUT....

IF in the setup of my DEV folder if there was an option to select "DEFAULT Playlist for this folder" - AND THEN if I was able to browse the available playlists defined and select ONE Playlist as the DEFAULT Playlist for that folder.

THEN I could do EITHER of the following:

New Procedure #1 (Preferred):

Left mouse Click on Navigation: Root Navigation Folder Tree appears.
Right Mouse Click on DEV Folder: Root Folder tree appears.
Hover Mouse on Playlist -> Hover over "Run Default Playlist for this Folder" - Left Mouse single click "Run Default Playlist for this Folder" : DONE !!!

OR

New Procedure #2:

Left mouse Click on Navigation: Root Navigation Folder Tree appears.
Right Mouse Click on DEV Folder: Root Folder tree appears.
Left Mouse Click on the "Run Default Playlist for this Folder" option between "Favorite" and "Playlist": DONE !!!

Thanks !!
Kevin Komara

Clock4 mths

Hello,
This is not as simple as it look. I will enter a feature request and think about it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths