Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

minimizing RDM causes it to go to systray

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

So I think my issue is just a bad combination of a few options, but not sure how I should configure things to get the behavior I'm looking for.
I'm running RDM Free 2019.1.41.0

I have RDM set to start automatically when I log into windows
When RDM first starts, I want it to startup in the systray (General->Application Start->Startup window State = Minimized)
When I close RDM, I want it to close into the systray (User Interface->Trayicon/Taskbar->Reduce to trayicon/taskbar on close = checked)

When I minimize RDM I want RDM to minimize to the taskbar, NOT the systray. This is the problem I'm having. With the above options configured when I manually minimize RDM it disappears from my taskbar and goes into the systray. I only want that to happen when I close RDM, not when I minimize it.
But I also don't want it to startup and show up in the taskbar. I want it to startup into the systray, not the taskbar.

Is this configuration possible?

Clock4 mths

Hello,

I have been to reproduce this behavior, I will contact our engineering department on that matter and see what can be done about this.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Any update on this? Will this be in a next minor release? If so, is there an estimated release date?

Clock3 mths

Hello,

This issue is still under investigation by our engineering department.
I will be in touch as soon as I will have an update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

any updates? I would have hoped this would be in the next release, but it's been 2 months since any updates have come out. 2 months without an update is rather unusual for you guys.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

This issue is still on the todo list of our engineering department.
I will be in touch as soon as there will be any development on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I believe the behavior you are looking for is already possible. Could you try to set it up this way :

- Startup window state = Minimized
- Reduce to trayicon/taskbar on close = Checked
- Show in taskbar = When not minimized

Please let me know if this is indeed what you wanted.

Regards

Jonathan Del Signore
signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

hi Jonathan, your recommended settings is already what I'm using for my configuration.
This issue is easily reproducible.

With the above settings configured the way they are here is the behavior.
(keep in mind I have RDM auto startup when I log into my computer in the morning)

I log in in the morning
RDM starts and the window flashes for a brief second while also displaying the (loading connections) status bar
RDM reduces down to the systray (please note, the systray, not the taskbar) **this is the behavior we like
When I want to open RDM I can either launch it from the icon in the systray, or from the start menu
RDM window opens very quickly since RDM is already running in the background
When I'm done with RDM I can press the 'X' close button and close RDM. RDM then minimizes to the systray **this is the behavior we like
When I'm done with RDM I can press the '_' minimize button and minimize RDM. RDM then minimizes to the systray ******* this is the behavior we DON'T like

That last item, if I manually minimize RDM by pressing the '_' minimize button we want RDM to minimize to the taskbar, not completely disappear into the systray.

Clock2 mths

Hello Hazen,

We have now added new options to have more flexibility with the window state. You can now specifically choose where you want RDM to appear on launch. You can also modify it's behavior on the minimize/close actions. In your case, the preferred options would be :

- Startup window state -> Minimized -> To system tray

- Show trayicon -> Always visible

- Show in taskbar -> When not closed

- Reduced to trayicon/taskbar on close -> checked

You will be able to do this as soon as the beta version 2019.2.12.0 is released.

Regards

Jonathan Del Signore
signaturesignature

Clock2 mths