Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

AnyConnect for Mac

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm working on trying to create shell scripts for AnyConnect on the Mac and was wondering why there isn't built-in support in RDM for Mac? Is there a way to get that integration, or a copy of the windows script that I can edit for the Mac?

Clock4 mths

Hi Frank,

Do you mean the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client? If so, there is a VPN entry for it:

Do you have issues with it?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Xavier,

Yes, we have that. On previous releases, and even earlier this morning, I would get an error when trying to run it. I just tried it on multiple instances that we have and they seem to be working now...I'm not sure what changed since this morning!

Clock4 mths

Hi Frank,

Glad to hear this work now!

I have to say the AnyConnect integration is a difficult one to maintain. The application itself does not provide command line or AppleScript support and offer no other supported way to feed it credentials. Therefore we have to interract with the UI directly (with Assistive Access). This is prone to breaking if they do any changes of consequence to the UI of the application.

In those instances, do not hesitate to communicate with us and we will see if we can fix the integration.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Yes, I found that was interested, but creating a shell script was working for me using the following:

/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn -s connect [VPNURL] <<"EOF"
[USERNAME]
[PASSWORD]
y
EOF

Then doing "chmod +x FILENAME"

It was working, but I had to create a second script for the disconnect.

It's working now, which was the goal!

Clock4 mths