Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

TeamViewer QuickConnection

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi!

It doesn't work out for me to create a quick connection TemViewer (

I am creating a template, write in the ID field $QUICK_CONNECT$. But I do not know what to write in the password field?

And it is necessary that the data of this connection later appear in the history. Is it possible?

Clock3 mths

Hello,

In order to give me a better idea of what we are working with, I have a few questions for you first

• What version of RDM do you use?
  • What type of data source do you use?
  • Do you get any error messages when launching your TeamViewer quick connection?

Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

1. RDM version 2019.1.41.0
2. Devolutions Online Drive
3. No )) TeamViewer just asks for a password )) But you need RDM to request a password so that the password is saved in the connection history

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Normally, checking "Ask for password" in your TeamViewer entry template should allow you to enter your password before each connection. Would that be what you are looking for?

Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Normally, checking "Ask for password" in your TeamViewer entry template should allow you to enter your password before each connection. Would that be what you are looking for?

Not at all ))

If you do this, then the TeamViewer window opens, but you need to open the Remote Desktop Manager window.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I have to be honest, I'm not certain I understand the situation anymore.

Could you please explain to me again what you are trying to do, and what your issue is?

Also, do you always use the Quick Connect to access same computer?

Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Oh .. I'll try to describe the usage scenario completely .. A random user calls me and asks me to help him. He tells me his ID and password for connecting via TeamViewer. I want to connect to it using RDM, but I need to do this through QuickConnect, so that the ID and password remain in the connection history and I can use them again in the future.

I can specify in the template, in the ID field, the variable $ QUICK_CONNECT $ and then if I use this template, it will work halfway, only the ID will be saved in the history, but there is no password, but I need to keep the ID and password

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification! I understand the situation now. I'm sorry I was a bit slow on the uptake.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the Quick Connect would be able to keep in memory a password used with it. You will need to create an actual TeamViewer entry if you need to save the ID and password for future use.

Best regards,

Gabriel Degrandpré

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

You need to add a new function)) For example, add more variables $ QUICK_CONNECT $ .. For example: $ QUICK_CONNECT _1 $, $ QUICK_CONNECT _2 $, $ QUICK_CONNECT _3 $. $ QUICK_CONNECT_1 $ will be entered in the same place, and $ QUICK_CONNECT_2 $ and $ QUICK_CONNECT_3 ​​$ will be entered from an additional window that will open after clicking the "Connect" button. It would be cool )) Thx ))

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I opened an improvement request to our engineering department.
The ticket number is RDMW-3586.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths