Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Resize RDP windows on the fly

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

This seems so simple, but it is driving me nuts. I just switched to a new computer and on my last computer I had Remote Desktop Manager configured to start with the resolution of 1440x900 by default for all my sessions, but then I was also able to grab a corner and resize the window and it would automatically adjust the resolution of the RDP session to match. I have probably spent close to 2 hours trying to get these settings back, but haven't been able to find the correct combination. Can someone point me in the right direction? Right now when I resize the window it doesn't adjust the resolution of the RDP session at all. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

First, if you still have access to your old computer, you could copy RDM configuration which is located under %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\remotedesktopmanager.cfg . If you copy this file, you will get back all your setup.

That said, if you lose them, go under File > Options > Types > RDP and I think the option you are looking for are:
Screen sizing mode set it to Smart reconnect
Remote desktop size I'm not sure if the best option for you is to set it to "Automatic" or "1440x900" Test both.

rdp+screen

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

rdp_screen.png
Clock3 mths

THANK YOU!!!! First for showing me where the preferences are stored, next time I switch I will be sure to grab it. Second those settings worked beautifully. For the setting Remote Desktop Size, I tried both and they both work, but setting it to 1440x900 starts me out at the resolution I want. Another quick question if you don't mind, under RDP, what are advantages/disadvantages to using Latest vs. RDP (FreeRDP Latest), I assume one uses the Microsoft RDP client and the other the FreeRDP client, but is there any reason to pick one over the other?

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Sorry to jump in.

You are correct, the main difference is that both engine use different RDP protocol. We recommend using the "Latest" as it offer better performances than the "FreeRDP" protocol.

That being said, all of these engines are available in RDM in order to allow our users to use the one which better work for them.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths