Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

SSH issue with "r" key

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Every time I use SSH and press the r key, my sessions vanishes into one of my tabs!
It appears the are key is a short cut for something in RDM on an SSH connection but I don't know how to stop it??

Thanks
Iain

Clock4 mths

Hi,

RDM shortcut are located under Files --> Options --> User Interface --> Keyboard. However, I do not see which shortcut could cause the issue.

I suggest is possible to clicking on Reset Default, restart RDM and test again.

If the issue is still there, which version of RDM and what type of entry are you testing with?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

reset and still doing it. Version is 2019.1.39.0 64.
I have version 2019.1.25.0 installed on a jump box and do not get the issue.
It happens on all SSH connections.

Thanks
Iain

Clock3 mths

Have updated to 2019.1.41.0

I have also now figured the issue out. I have configured tab groups and one of them was Named "Veeam B&R" it appears the "&" makes the "R" a short cut! Big Grin

Thanks
Iain

Clock3 mths

Hi,

Thanks for the test and I'm glad that it's now working fine. Regarding the "&" I couldn't figure that. I will look with the engineering department if it's as design.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Good news I had a chat with the engineering department, and we will do a fix for the "&" in the tab group.

In a future version of RDM, you will be able to use "&" and RDM will not take it as a shortcut.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Excellent, so wasn't an expected feature?
For now, I have renamed the tab. Will look out for the next update.

Thanks

Thanks
Iain

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I forgot to mention that the workaround will be to double the &. Example in your case the name should be "Veeam B&&R".

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Just to let you know, the change will be made for RDM 2019.2.5.0.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths