Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Import Data from Password Safe 7

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello dear support team,

We are currently evaluating and testing the options to migrate data from our password safe 7 to a devolutions password server.

Password Safe 7 can only export in a unencrypted CSV or it's own PSX/PBB format. For our needs the CSV variant would be prefered. Is there any way to import the data from a CSV?

Best wishes,

Niklas Heine

Clock11 days

Hello,

Sure RDM support CSV import or CSV Synchronizer. For CSV import you could adjust the export from Password Safe 7 with our CSV format.

Further details at https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/importsessioncsvwizard.htm

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on September 2nd 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

Hello,

It would also be really useful to us if we could import the folders as well. Is that possible in any way?

We have a really big hierarchy with many subfolders and it would mean much work to do it all manually.

Also, I've found an option to import directly from PasswordSafe CSV (screenshot), but it does't seem to work properly, it didn't import all the fields.

The form of the csv we get from password safe is as follows:

"Ordner (Kategorie)""Name""UserName""Password""URL""Email""Custom Fields"

I hope you can help me soon.

best wishes,

Niklas Heine

Clock8 days

Edit:
Email adresses and URLs do not work either.

with the import login csv wizard the sheme for the csv needed to be altered to:
Ordner (Kategorie),Name,UserName,Password,URL,Email,Custom Fields

Also, the sheme above should be with semicolons between fields

Clock7 days

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I opened a ticket with the engineering department.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on September 2nd 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

For imformation, I moved the thread in Remote Desktop Manager forum to open a ticket with the proper team.

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hello,

We are currently investigating the issue; however, with a template of CSV file, it will be easier to see the changes.

Could you provide us an example of the CSV export by Password Safe 7?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

Hello,

I've compiled a test CSV file for you in the style that Password Safe 7 puts out and that has some fields in it that cause problems while importing.

Doubleqoutes seem to cause problems too when importing.
The first entry should work fine
The second entry has a doublequote at the end of a password, thus making the rest of the dokument part of the password as well.

I hope this helps to reproduce the problems.

best wishes,
Niklas Heine

Clock3 days

Hello,

Is there a way to get a copy of this CSV template.

Please use the secure link below to send us the requested file(s);
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

Hello,

Yes, I've uploaded the file that i have used

Best wishes,
Niklas Heine

Clock3 days

Thanks, I transferred it to the engineering department.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock2 days