Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Copy and Paste from local machine to any RDM host does not work - RDM version 2019.1.38.0 64-bit

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

All my users are Administrators in RDM. When we have RDM open and we want to say copy a file from our local laptops from the Downloads folder and then try to paste it into one or all of our RDM servers sessions it does not work. Is this by design? Is this a bug? We need to be able to do this function please.

Thank you
Todd Green
Morningstar Partners
Fort Worth TX

Clock7 mths

Hello,

In the properties of your RDP session, under the Local Resources tab, have you checked the Clipboard option?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Yes, I checked one of my hosts that I was testing with and that Clipboard option is checked.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

In embedded mode, RDM use a Microsoft ActiveX to establish the RDP connection. In fact, it's the same ActiveX present in RDC Manager.
Do you encounter the same issue in RDC Manager from Microsoft?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=44989

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Negative. I can copy a document from my laptop (local resource) to my RDP sessions outside of RDM and the file lands just like it is supposed to when I paste it on that server. When I do the same thing in an RDM session I have a "Paste" option but when I click it, nothing happens.

Clock7 mths

Still need some help please.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Are you able to copy/paste some text?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Yes, I can type into notepad locally and then paste it into an open notepad via RDM session with server.

Clock7 mths

Hello,

What type of file are you trying to transfer via the RDP session?
Are you on a Windows 10 computer?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

It does not matter what type of file it is. .txt or .doc or anything else. If I right click on the file and choose copy from my local pc and then I go to my RDM session and choose Paste I see the Paste option like there is something there but when I choose paste nothing happens.

I am on a Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 - 1903.

Again, I can do this same thing from my laptop to a regular RDP session and it works just fine.

Thank you
Todd

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Under the Advanced tab of the RDP session, could you manually change the RDP Version to RDP (8.1).

If this option doesn't work, please save an RDP session with the Microsoft MSTSC.exe application and import it in RDM.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Just used Microsoft's RDCman which we used to run but switched to your product. With using RDCman I can copy and paste files just like in a regular RDP session. Once again with using RDM I cannot do this. Again when I choose right click and Paste it acts like something is there to paste but it will not place the file on the desktop.

Clock7 mths

Under the Advanced tab of the RDP session, could you manually change the RDP Version to RDP (8.1).
If this option doesn't work, please save an RDP session with the Microsoft MSTSC.exe application and import it in RDM.

Changing the RDP Version of my RDP session from "Latest" to RDP (8.1) does not solve the issue. Still cannot paste. Yes, I did close my session out. Make the change and then log my session back on. No difference in behavior.

Clock7 mths

*** Update *** 3:48 PM - 8.9.2019

We downgraded our version of RDM from 2019.1.38.0 - 64 bit (TO) 2019.1.30.0 - 64 bit and the problem went away. That is the next lowest version we had to use so not sure when the issue was introduced into the product but we know that .38 has the issue and .30 does not....

Please advise...

Thank you
Todd Green

Clock7 mths

No updates since I posted this on Friday...

New Update - I upgraded to 2019.1.41.0 and it still has the problem.

*** Update *** 3:48 PM - 8.9.2019
We downgraded our version of RDM from 2019.1.38.0 - 64 bit (TO) 2019.1.30.0 - 64 bit and the problem went away. That is the next lowest version we had to use so not sure when the issue was introduced into the product but we know that .38 has the issue and .30 does not....
Please advise...
Thank you
Todd Green

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Thanks for your information, I will open a ticket with the QA (QA-1054) department to reproduce the issue.

For information, the support department is open from Monday to Friday and close the week-end. This is why you didn't receive news from us on the weekend.

Also, thank you for finding the last working version of RDM.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

May I ask if you all have had a chance to recreate this issue on your side and what your findings are?

Clock7 mths

After follow up with the QA department, we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Shortly you will receive an email to schedule a remote session.
If you are available to do a remote session.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Any updates on this? We seem to have the same issue on version 2019.2.24.0 64-bit

Clock8 days

Hello,

Sadly tgreen wasn't available to do a remote session to demo us the issue.

Boconnor, are you able to reproduce the issue and send us a video or would you like to do a remote session? So we could see the issue and try to reproduce it.

That said, do you have the issue with the latest beta 2020.1.7.0 ( https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta ) ?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

I can do a remote session. I haven't tried the beta.

Clock7 days

Hi,

I opened a ticket with the support department (DEVO-20340) you will receive shortly a link to schedule a session.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 days