Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Beta updates remove shortcut from Windows taskbar

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have RDM pinned to my taskbar.

I've noticed that for the last several updates the installer removes the shortcut from the taskbar and I have to re-add it after every installation. Can this behavior be rectified?

This occurs consistently on three different Windows 10 machines and is the only app I've ever seen that removes a user created taskbar entry during an upgrade.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

I opened a ticket to our engineering department.
The ticket number is RDMW-3390.

On a side note, which version of RDM are you running and what type of data source are you using?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Running the current release - 2019.1.41.0 . If I remember correctly this has been an issue with every 14.X version installation.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply, I have been able to reproduce this behavior by updating from RDM 14.1.3.0 to RDM 2019.1.41.
This information has been provided to our engineering department.

I will be in touch as soon as I will have an update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Thanks and to correct my last statement I should have said this has been an issue with every 2019.X version installation. Any 2019.X version listed in Change History that I have installed has removed the shortcut that I added to the taskbar,

Clock4 mths

Hello,
I've tried something. We will see if this fix the problem.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Thanks David,

Not sure I follow your last post but I note that I just upgraded from 2019.1.41.0 to 2019.2.3.0 and it removed the RDM shortcut from the Windows taskbar again.

Clock3 mths

Hello,
I've tried to play with the installer setting with no success. Honestly I don't have a solution. Could you try to create shortcut to the executable in a completely different folder. Pin this one to make sure it's not removed by the installer during the update process. This could be a workaround in the meantime.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi David,

I created a shortcut to the RDM executable in C:\temp and pinned that shortcut to the taskbar.

I then upgraded from 2019.2.3.0 to 2019.2.4.0 and the aforementioned shortcut in the taskbar was again removed during the update process.

Clock3 mths

Do you pin RDM 32 or 64 bits?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Clock3 mths

Hello,
Could you try one last test? It's a strange one but I want to know the result. Could you try to create a batch file to invoke RDM and pin this batch file? You can change the icon to link it to RDM.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,

That worked but there is no surprise there.

Is the reported problem in ticket number RDMW-3390. going to be rectified at some point? Can you confirm that you are also seeing the behavior on Windows 10 with the current RDM builds ?

Thanks

Clock3 mths

Hello,
I still don't understand the problem and I will continue to investigate.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

This is still an issue with every new RDM update. Any news on getting this issue resolved ?

Thanks

Clock5 days