Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

how to add new Tab group

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, I use RDM 2019.1.36 and have found online documentation page at https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?tipsandtricks_creatingtabgroups.htm because I would like create Tab Groups, but I see only options you can see into my attached screenshot.

How can I create new Tab Group in this RDM version?

Thanks
Eenrico

rdm tab.png
Clock4 mths

Hello,

As shown in the help page you have provided, you can assign a Tab Group to a session through it's properties in the "User Interface" tab.

It is important to know that the "Tab group" dropdown is populated by looking at all the sessions in your vault and collecting all their saved Tab groups.

If the "Tab group" dropdown control doesn't contain the value you wish to use, you can simply write a new value and press "OK" to save your session. This will create the tab group for your current session as well as all other sessions in the vault.

Example : You have the entries "A", "B" and "C". If you add the tab group "Test" to the entry "A", then the other entries will see "Test" appear as a choice in their own Tab Group dropdown.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi, it was my mistake because I was looking for that Tab Groups in the general options, not the session one.

Now I've created the first group named "Ping" (attachment "rdm tab 2.png") and customized with a layout in order to seem all the sessions at same time.

2 questions:

1) The 6 sessions are based on "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" program. How can I change font size into the sessions and reduce it?

2) When I click on the Tab "All" I see the remining session (the ones not in a specific Tab Group) all inside the first top-left window (attachment "rdm tab 3.png"). How can I see those sessions normally "full screen"?

Thanks
Enrico

rdm tab 2.png
rdm tab 3.png
Clock4 mths

Hello,

1- It's not possible to change the font of a command line in embedded mode.

2- By full screen, do you mean in external mode?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I mean not little window (like previous screenshot) but normal mode like the following screenshot.

rdm tab 4.png
Clock4 mths

Is there an alternative session type to local msdos command prompt where I can set font size?

Clock4 mths

Hello,

The view of the Dashboard can easily be changed via the Window -> Header section.

There's no command line session type that you can use and adjust the fonts inside of it.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi, sorry but I don't understand your answer related to my previous question:

2) When I click on the Tab "All" I see the remining session (the ones not in a specific Tab Group) all inside the first top-left window (attachment "rdm tab 3.png"). How can I see those sessions normally "full screen"?

I try attach another screenshot with circles to better explain my need.
When I click on the "ALL" tab (red circle) the ungrouped sessions (green circles) that are not inside the "Ping" group are then all displayed inside the first window that I originally customized only for the session "commandlineTEST1" (yellow circle) associated to Tab Group "Ping"

I would like to click on Ping tab and see the customized matrix with 6 sessions "commandlineTEST1"
Then I would like to come back to normal view (not the matrix one) when I click on one of the ungrouped session.

Is it possible to reach this?

Hope to be more clear.
Thanks
Regards
Enrico

rdm tab 5.png
Clock4 mths

Hello,

We would need to perform some tests and see if what you request is possible.

I opened a ticket to our engineering department so that they can perform multiple tests regarding your scenario.
The ticket number is QA-1038.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

After investigation, it's not possible to accomplish what you are trying to with RDM.

I would suggest opening a feature request on our dedicated forum by posting in this section
https://forum.devolutions.net/forum17-remote-desktop-manager--feature-request.aspx

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths