Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

SSH scrolling issue

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have been experiencing a peculiar bug in ssh sessions for a couple of months now where scrolling will stop working except for the last couple of lines.

So if I am tailing a file, it will work as expected for a while, then everything on the screen will be static apart from the bottom two lines. So a new line will come to the bottom line, then move to the second to bottom, and then disappear. While the third from bottom line has what was there before the issue started. (hopefully that makes sense) - if not I'll see if I can get a video!

If I stop and type reset a number of times it will work again for a while. Typing reset once leaves some of the lines on screen Resetting from the button has a similar effect.

Clock25 days

Hello,

What RDM version are you using?

And yes, a video will be helpful smile You can drop the file on our safe cloud space here https://devolutions.sharefile.com/r-r599c99e8b4e430eb

Do you have any logs about that behavior? From your RDM instance would it be possible for you to go in the Properties of your SSH Shell entry under the "Advanced" tab and check the following options:
1- Check "Verbose"
2- Check "Enable Logging"
3- Use the ellipsis to select a path to create your log
4- Make sure that your "Log Mode" is set to "Event"
Once this configuration has been made, try to launch your SSH Shell entry once more and send us the log which will be created. I will then be able to assign this case to our engineering department in order to find the possible cause of this issue.

As a workaround, would it be possible for you to try the following:
Go under File -> Options -> Terminal -> Under the "Advanced" section, check "Use Legacy Terminal".
Doing so will allow you to revert to the putty engine we were previously using to handle SSH connections and I suspect that this issue might not occur anymore.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock25 days

Hi!

I have the same issue and the workaround above fixed it.

I'll see if I can provide a video.

Regards,
Paulo

Clock23 days

@devolutions23,

Could you send us your video here please?
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/share/filedrop

What version of RDM are you running?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on September 2nd 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock23 days

@jfdagenais,

This issue happens mostly with a task that has a lot of scrolling, so as soon as I get to repeat one of these, I'll have a video.

The version is 2019.1.38.0 64 bits Free.

Clock22 days

i have the same issue, after a mouse click into the window the static part is gone.
also with the last update (i think) i have the copy&paste issue again (sometimes on text paste i have a additionally newline between the text)
after i harderning our SSH Server, the workaround is not working, because some RDM fixes are only for the new terminal

Clock21 days

@MK,

Are you able to post a few screenshots of the issue or a small video?

What version of RDM are you running exactly?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on September 2nd 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock19 days

I have a video, but I need to blur out sensitive information before I can upload it.

Meanwhile, I think this is fixed in version 2019.1.41.0 Free.

This seems to me that it only happened when there were colours involved, like when I was running an long Ansible script. Running with just plain text did not cause this issue.

Hope that helps!

Clock11 days

Hello Jacob,

If you are still able to reproduce the issue with the latest version of RDM 2019.1.41.0 you can send us your video at https://devolutions.sharefile.com/share/filedrop.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock10 days