Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

RDM 2019.1.6.0 on Mac, cannot create WebDav database

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm trying to use a WebDav URL to my database. However, I always get a "401 Unauthorized" if I put the complete path. I get a simple "404 Not Found" if I just put the file name, like it's not able to create the new XML file.

All the credentials, URL and file access has been tests.

Example of log (folder and file name has been changed):

[2019-07-29 21:48:21] OPTIONS *
[2019-07-29 21:48:21] 200 OK
[2019-07-29 21:48:21] PROPFIND /webdav/sub-folder/
[2019-07-29 21:48:21] 401 Unauthorized
[2019-07-29 21:48:21] PROPFIND /webdav/sub-folder/
[2019-07-29 21:48:21] PUT /webdav/sub-folder/db_file.xml

Clock5 mths

Hi,

The "PROPFIND /webdav/sub-folder/" is us trying to list the content of the /webdav/subfolder/ folder and the server not letting us because of insufficient authorisation. Does your server provide such authorization?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Yes. I also tested with "cadaver" on a Linux server to test the connection and I was able to put, delete, list and everything using the same credentials.

If it's the folder that is incorrect, I also tried without the path, with only the last folder, etc without success.

Clock5 mths

Hi,

Can you show me the URL you would use to connect to your WebDAV server and a screenshot of your data source configuration view? You can obscure the host if you want, I only want to see the exact format.

Does it work if you use Finder (in Finder, Command + K, enter your WebDAV address and press Enter)?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

With Finder, it works fine. I'm able to list, put and delete.

Here's a snapshot.

Capture d’écran, le 2019-07-30 à 08.32.13.png
Clock5 mths

Hi Daniel,

At this point we might need your server logs to understand why our request are unauthorised? Can you provide them to us? You can send them to me privately by email if you'd prefer: xfortin@devolutions.net

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

It seems the bug is the authentication method of my server which is "Digest", a standard method for WebDav.

Do you have an ETA for a fix?

Clock5 mths

Hi Daniel,

This will not be a trivial thing to implement. We expect it to be done in the next few months (we'll give it a minimum of 2 months). We'll post back in this thread when this is done.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Is it possible to transfert data from a Datasource to another one? I'll have to use another way temporary but I want to switch back to WebDav when it will be workable...

Clock5 mths

Hi Daniel,

All datasources that requires and XML file will work with the same file. You can just copy this file locally and use it with the XML datasource, or put it on an SFTP server an use it from the corresponding data source and so on. From any opened data source, you can export all your sessions with the right click menu on the sessions tree and select Export -> Export All (.rdm)... That file can than be imported in any other data source.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths