Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Thumbnails View

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I notice that when I go to the Thumbnails view from another tab and double click on a thumbnail it does not go to the session. Instead, I have to click in the Thumbnail window first then double click the thumbnail to have it open the session (or triple click). So would like to be able to double click or more preferably use my next suggestion.

Perhaps more consistent with the RDM interface, instead of using a double click for thumbnails, similar to the tab behavior, why not highlight the thumbnail background when hovered over and allow a single click to go to the session? This would benefit touchscreen users as well.

Also, I would like to see the session details just as when hovering over a tab, by hovering over the session name of a thumbnail.

Just my 2 cents, thanks.

Clock5 mths

Hello,
I will check what could be the problem but I'm sure we didn't do it on purpose. I will let you know.

What kind of detail you would like to view on hover? Do you mean a tooltip like the one available on the tab page header?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,
I'm unable to reproduce the triple click problem. Do you get the problem when you double click on the footer?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi David,

I'm double clicking the screen preview in thumbnail view. I've recorded the issue and attached a video (double rings = double click, single ring = single click).

Also, yes. Would like tooltip when hovering over thumbnail name and have it display like when hovering over tab name.

Thumbnails View.mp4
Clock5 mths

Thanks for adding the ToolTip to the thumbnails view, we love it!

I am still having the double click issue though. When I go from a session tab to the Thumbnails tab, if I double click a thumbnail box it doesn't jump to that session. If I switch to the Thumbnails view, click anywhere in the Thumbnails window, then double click on a session it work. Not sure if it is a focus issue? One additional detail, I do run my RDM under a separate privileged account, if that makes a difference or helps.

Clock4 mths

Hello,
It still an opened issue. I haven't found a solution yet.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello cazi,

We're currently trying to reproduce this behavior in our QA department, but we are unable to do so at the moment. Could you tell us more about the machine on which RDM is running? Are you running RDM on Citrix or on some sort of virtual machine?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Hubert,

RDM is running locally on my Windows 10 (1709) PC. Not through VM, RDP, Citrix, etc.

Clock4 mths