Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Credential List empty (Not connected) on first try

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi folks!

A colleague of mine reports that when he opens an RDP session with Open (Select Credentials)... sometimes the Credential List is empty and says Not connected on the first try. All further tries then show a populated Credential List.

Unfortunately he is not able to reproduce the issue. The issue shows up randomly (it seems).

This happens with RDM version 2019.1.38.0 64-bit but also happened before the update.

Any ideas how to track down this one? Thanks for your help!

Bild1.png
Bild2.png
Clock5 mths

Hello neocid,

could you post the output from File => My Data Source information

Thanks!

Regards,
Min

Clock5 mths

Hei Min, sure. See attachment. (I hope you don't mind that some infos are hidden.)

001499.png
Clock5 mths

Nope thats not a problem wink

Thanks for the screenshot! I'll come back to you if I have some news

Regards,
Min

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Could you provide us screenshots of the General, Settings and Advanced tab located in File -> Data Sources please.
This should help to reproduce your issue.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Here you go.

000993.png
000994.png
000995.png
Clock4 mths

Hello,

Could you try to disable the Auto Refresh option located in the Advanced tab in File -> Data Sources.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Thanks Jeff. I've forwarded these instructions to my colleagues.

Clock5 mths

To disable the Auto Refresh option seems to solve the issue.
Is this a definitive solution or just a workaround? How do we proceed?

Clock4 mths

We are currently investigating what we can do for this issue; for now, it's only a workaround.

This type of issue happens only with Auto Refresh and for users connected with integrated security on a SQL data source.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Just a small follow up. There is another form of the issue. Sometimes (I don't see any pattern) if I doubleclick an RDP session RDM ignores the saved credentials and asks for my credentials. I cancel it and doubleclick the RDP session again. On the second try the RDP session is automatically using my credentials.

(I know I could disable Auto Refresh. But to learn how such a behaviour works I don't work around it;-)

Any news on this?

Clock3 mths

Hello,

The ticket is still open with the engineering department; I also add the comment/issue to the ticket.

The workaround at the moment is to set the time of the autorefresh longer than usual. More than 2-3 minutes should do the job. Or as you know to disable it wink

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I am having the same type of issues. This issue is making the tool look very unstable and users are getting frustrated over this. Need a solution ASAP. See attached pics

empty credential box.JPG
red Box with Red X.JPG
Clock3 mths

If I right click on the server, click Open with Parameters and open (selected Credentials)... Than I get the full credential list OK.

Unsure why that would could be.

Clock3 mths

Do you get the error in the private vault tab as well?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi folks! Any update on the issue? Cheers

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I've tested this internally and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue so it should be fixed on the beta version 2019.2.9.0 available here.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths