Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Connecting with Custom Password

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We are trying to deploy Wayk Now to several remote computers using PDQ Deploy. We would like to use the IP address and a standard password for the connections.

It looks like we are successful in generating the installation and setting up the password (verified by looking at the user interface), but when we attempt a connection, we are still prompted for a user name. These machines are not in a domain, and have dozen of usernames and passwords. Hence the reason for forcing a standard password.

Here are the config commands we are using:

wayk-now config --global ShowMainWindowOnLaunch false
wayk-now config --global MinimizeToNotificationArea true
wayk-now config --global AllowPersonalPassword true
wayk-now config --global PersonalPasswordType 1
wayk-now config --global PersonalPassword MyWaykNowPassword!
wayk-now config --global AllowNoPassword true
net stop WaykNowService
net start WaykNowService

Is what we are attempting possible?

Clock4 mths

Hello

The "Personal Password" option is set properly, but it is only available as an authentication mode if the Wayk Now client is actually running on the remote machine. Mainly that feature is intended for ad-hoc remote support cases where the machine / user credentials are not available.

In your case, please check the following post: https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30868-wayk-and-rdm-for-ios.aspx?lastpage=1#post123951

You can pass an option to the .msi which will create a `wayk-admin` user on the machine, and can be used to connect using Windows authentication.

Let me know if that helps, or if you have further questions!

Kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Thank you. You gave me a really simple idea. I used the NET command as a part of my PDQ Deploy to create a local administrator account. In the PDQ Deploy tool it was just two more commands added right before the NET stop.

net user USERNAME PASSWORD /add
net localgroup Administrators USERNAME /add

We set the account's password to match the setting used in the other command. Now when we connect, we can always use the WaykNow local administrator account if we need to use a username and password.

So far WaykNow has excelled in all of our tests. I am very pleased with the performance. We will be testing it from IOS devices next.

-Bill

Clock3 mths

Hello Bill

That sounds good. I note from the other post that users in the "Administrators" or "Remote Desktop Users" group should work as well. Athough I doubt that helps you since the machines are not in a domain, that may be useful information for anyone else reading this thread.

So far WaykNow has excelled in all of our tests. I am very pleased with the performance

Excellent news! We are happy to hear it, and thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths