Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

RDM changes path

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When using the Custom Image Picker Load from Disk function RDM changes the running path so that tools or custom sessions with relatively defined paths don't work anymore until RDM is closed and reopened.
I don't know when this behavior started but I think it could be with the introduction of the new load dialog (that is anyway a bit annoying because it doesn't jump to the first occurrence of a typed character in the file listing - which also could be called a bug...) - but it still persists in the 2019.1.38.0 (64bit).

Kind regards

Clock6 mths

Hi,

That's interesting, I will investigate and try to reproduce your issue.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Could you tell me which session type you are refering to? I've tried with SSMS but no luck upset.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

I can reproduce the behavior like that:

-configure WinSCP Path in the settings to an relative path, e.g. "..\RDM.Tools\WinSCP" (and make sure that WinSCP is really there... smile)

-create a new WinSCP session

-start WinSCP session
now it should run fine

-edit any session, for example the winscp session
change icon
use load from disk
browse for example to c:\windows
pick an icon
save

-start WinSCP session again
RDM isn't able to locate the WinSCP executable anymore and should bring up the picker dialog

Best regards

Clock6 mths

Hello again,

You really helped us find something major, We have an idea of how it might occur.

Thanks to you we reproduced the issue and the engineering team will investigate to find a possible fix.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Glad that you can reproduce the problem.

Thanks for your support!

Best regards

Clock6 mths