Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Clicking within embedded RDP session brings random window from back in front of RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi folks!

Following just happened:
I've opened three embedded RDP sessions in RDM. Working in the first tab for at least a few minutes. I was clicking happily with my mouse and suddenly file explorer from the back (behind RDM) appears in front of me.

This happens to other users as well.

We use Remote Desktop Manager 2019.1.20.0 64-bit on our Windows 10 (1903) VDIs. But this happened already with previous versions of RDM and on our old Windows 2012 R2 Terminalservers. (Accessed via Citrix.)

I doesn't seem to matter how many tabs are opened. Sometimes not File Explorer comes to front. But other applications as well. This doesn't happen often. Maybe once or twice a day. The timing is perfect: Click and a window comes to front. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Daniel

Clock4 mths

i experience this issue as well, and have, randomly, for some time

windows 10 x64, build 1809
rdm 2019.1.25.0

Clock4 mths

Hello,

@Daniel

We had a customer that had an issue in Citrix because the Citrix Agent and the Citrix server were not updated to the latest version. Is your Citrix infrastructure updated to 7.18?

@ariehm

Are you also running on a Citrix or any Publish app infrastructure?
Is it a new issue and only related to you or your colleague too?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi David
Our Citrix environment is quite up to date:

• My Client: Citrix Workspace App 19.5.0.26(1905)
  • VDI: Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent 1906.1
  • Site: Citrix Storefront 1903.1.0

But I remember the issue happening with older versions as well. (Receiver 4.x, VDA 7.x,...) I've not reported the issue for a long time because I thought it might have something to do with our "old" infrastructure where we had low performance and old software. But now our new environment works like a charm and is (more or less) up to date. So now I'm hunting down some reported issues that are still appearing:-)

Anything else I can help with to track down the origin of the issue?

Cheers, Daniel

Clock4 mths

Just had it again. I provide the description just to explain the circumstances a bit better.

In RDM only one RDP session (embedded) was opened. Within I had another RDP session opened where I clicked on a checkbox (eventlog procol filtering). Instead of ticking the checkbox my Google Chrome window from behind RDM appeared in front of RDM.

Clock4 mths

@everyone,

It seems we had a customer with the issue and some of them solve it by following the solution at https://forum.devolutions.net/topic28558-while-working-with-rdm-another-window-comes-to-foreground.aspx?Page=1

That being said, some other had to contact Citrix because the issue, for them, is on Citrix side. Some information at https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/351656-published-desktop-randomly-losing-focus/

Could you look if any solutions in the other thread solve the issue? And please continue the diagnostic in https://forum.devolutions.net/topic28558-while-working-with-rdm-another-window-comes-to-foreground.aspx?Page=1

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I think there is a misunderstanding. Sorry I couldn't explain it better.Blank stare Maybe a "graphical" explanation will help.

Example Setup:

Local Computer (Windows 10 1903)
---|-Firefox
---|-Slack
---|-Citrix Desktop (Citrix Workspace App 1509 connecting to VDI Windows 10 1903)
------|-File Explorer
------|-Google Chrome (jumps to front)
------|-Some MMC
------|-Remote Desktop Manager (2019.1.20.0)
---------|-RDP Session 1 (click)
---------|-RDP Session 2

Description:
Randomly, while clicking something in an opened Remote Desktop Manager session, an application behind Remote Desktop Manager jumps to the front. In my example here File Explorer or Google Chrome would jump to the front when clicking something in RDP Session 1.

The focus of the Ctrix Desktop itself is working just fine. (Btw. it's a full Citrix Desktop, no Citrix Published App of Remote Desktop Manager.)

This is happening to multiple colleagues of mine. Initially I heard it from 2 colleagues. I asked 2 others randomly and they confirmed the same behaviour. It's not new. We see this for months now. I was usually just to busy to report it here. (And I wanted to upgrade RDM first. Meanwhile Storefront, Citrix Workspace App, Windows 10 and other things were upgraded too. Still the same)

We know the issue described in https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/351656-published-desktop-randomly-losing-focus/?csrfKey=. That's something that happened to Citrix Desktops years ago when the storefront login logged the user off after a certain time and the browser window jumps in front of everything. That was quite annoying back then but it's not the same behaviour as here.

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic28558-while-working-with-rdm-another-window-comes-to-foreground.aspx?Page=1 is not really helping. The things Chriss Marreel did we have already set this way. (Except "we switched from offline-caching-methode". I don't know what that means.) And the following post from you David describes again the MS/Citrix Published App issue, not the focus issue within the Citrix Desktop. Or do these changes apply to our case as well?

Sorry for this long postsmile

Clock4 mths

Hello,

I say what you mean. I will create a ticket to our QA department so that they can try to reproduce the behavior.

As a workaround, you can try to enable the Always on top option located in File -> Options -> User Interface.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello again,

The ticket opened to our QA department is QA-1013.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Thank you very much Jeff!
It will be hard to reproduce because it only happens 1-3 times a day. Still, it would be cool if we could fix it.

Clock4 mths

I just want to mention that I have the very same issue. Click sometimes goes through the RDMF Window and clicks at whatever is at that position behind the window. Maybe it helps you knowing that it happenes more often when I have 5 RDP session simultaneously open. All of them are connection to diffrent local windows users.

Clock4 mths

Good morning everyone! Is there any update on ticket QA-1013? Or will it be posted here as soon as there are news?

Clock2 mths

Hello,

The ticket QA-1013 is still opened to our QA department. They are still trying to reproduce the issue.

Sorry for the delay.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi foks. Just checkin' in. Is there an update on this issue? Cheers

Clock18 days

Hello,

We are still trying to reproduce the issue. Since it's an issue that seem to be happening rarely, it's really hard to reproduce the issue.

Is the issue still happening with the latest version of RDM?

Best regards,

Antoine Mauger

signaturesignature

Clock18 days

@Antoine Yes, it still happens with the newest version.

Clock16 days