Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Latest build breaks "Connect when Available"

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

If I use "Connect when Available", it creates a new tab/session, rather than using the existing tab/session.

So e.g. if I am trying to "Connect when Available" to serverXYZ, then it creates another serverXYZ entry.

I'm using 2019.1.36.0 x64

Always using the latest beta RDM x64 version.
Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

We will take a look at this issue.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to record this behavior and send it to us using the sharefile link below:

https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

I will then be able to take a closer look at this issue.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hmm, I can't seem to replicate the issue anymore, not sure if this is because I'm not connecting to the same list of servers as last time.

Basically, I was patching a couple of production servers over the past weekend. The servers had to be rebooted and this was scheduled with the client. I connected to the servers using Quick Connect and selected a template I created. The template is really simple, it only has the username + password defined and no other settings are configured. The servers are running Windows Server 2012 R2. When the servers are restarted, I selected the "Connect when Available" option and RDM would create a new session tab, rather than connect to the original session tab.

I've tried to replicate the steps on a test server, but I can't replicate the issue anymore. Not sure if this is specific to the production servers or not...

Also, I was using a VPN to connect to the production servers, as I was working from home on the weekend. Most of the time, I work in the office.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe close this for now and if this happens again, I'll record it and provide it to you guys.

Local data source.

Clock4 mths

Hello Chaos,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Since this issue does not seem to occur anymore, I will put this case on hold in order to see if similar issues are reported by other users or if this issue resurface for you. If it does, we will wait for your recording in order to see if we can reproduce it internally.

As always, thank you for your collaboration on this.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I was able to replicate the issue at work today, so issue is unrelated to my theory about the use of VPN.

I've uploaded the recording to Sharefile as requested. Name of the recording is "Reconnect issue.mp4".

Local data source.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for this recording! I have been able to reproduce this issue as well.
A ticket has been opened with our engineering department in order to see what can be done on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

We've made a fix for this issue, it should be available for RDM 2019.1.39.0.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths