Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Cannot login to RDM using Android client and MariaDB as server as a regular user

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi guys,

I'm getting an error when trying to authenticate with Android app to RDM using MariaDB as the server. When using the Windows desktop client it works fine for the same user.

The error is:
Authentication to host 'x.x.x.x' for the user 'xxxxxxx' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with messae: Access denied for user @xxxx'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)

That sounds like MariaDB itself that is denying access to the database, but I can access it just fine on the Windows client which I thought would use the same authentication method as the Android client?

If I use an account with administrator rights to the database, it works fine on Android.

Could I please have some assistance? Thanks!

Clock6 days

Hi,

The next RDM Android version contains some changes that could fix the problem. The next version should be coming out by the end of next week.

If need be, we could give you access to the next version before it is officially released so you can test it. However, please note that this version has not been fully tested yet.

If you are interested in getting the next version, just send me an email at: ndufour@devolutions.net

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

Hi Nicolas,

I'm happy to be a guinea pig in this case. sending a email now smile

Clock6 days