Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Backslash in Username

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

My apologies if there is an answer that is already obvious to this, however I have searched the forums as well as the manual and have not been able to find a solution.

I am attempting to have credentials automatically entered when opening a webpage. The credentials need to be in the form of: DOMAIN\Username. However whenever it puts the data into the website it shows up as DOMAIN\\Username, I have attempted several different things such as the HTML Code, the HTML Entity code, the ASCII Code unfortunately to no success.

How can I get it to enter just a single backslash?

Thank you for your help.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Just to confirm with you, you changed the Username Format in the Advanced tab of your Web Session to {Domain}\{User}, correct?
Also, could you send in a video of the behavior? You can use the following link to send in the video: https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I have uploaded a screenshot. Basically in the settings I put the variables %USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME% but when the page loads, it seems it automatically terminates the backslash by adding a 2nd backslash to it. Resulting in %USERDOMAIN%\\%USERNAME%.

At first I thought it may be the %USERDOMAIN% adding a backslash on the end but that's not the case because if I put in %USERDOMAIN%%USERNAME% I get no backslash at all.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Looking into the screenshot you sent, it seems that you are using a Website entry type, could you give it a try with a Web Browser (Http/Https) in order to see if the issue persist?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I attempted with the Web Browser option and then I was not able to get the fields to populate at all.

I believe I may have resolve my issue however by using the Custom Controls portion in More Options. I had to search the source code for the textbox ids and then enter them, then provide the desired information and that seemed to properly fill out the fields.

It's strange because entering the information on the general tab, it was able to find the fields and put the data in them however for whatever reason unknown to me, it doubles up the backslash.

Either way I have found a work around.

Thank you for your help.

Clock3 mths