Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Windows 10 Version 1903 RDM Crashes when clicking on a folder

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and was able to solve it.
I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 version 1903 and when ever I click on one of our client folders it just crashes and vanishes. I am using an RDM administrative account.
I have upgraded to the latest version of RDM Enterprise (2019.1.36.0 64b-bit)and tried a reinstall with no luck. I have tried running it as administrator but not compatibility mode yet. I have not tried purging my config folders yet either.

Event view shows this error:

Faulting application name: RemoteDesktopManager64.exe, version: 2019.1.36.0, time stamp: 0x5d1e88af
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xb6f4b059
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
Faulting process id: 0x1494
Faulting application start time: 0x01d538382b5fb45c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c64dde37-ea7f-49ff-a1bc-a22dc964d5e2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hoping someone else has battled the issue and won.

Thanks.

Clock4 mths

Hi,
Tried compatibility mode as admin and it still crashes.

Thanks.

Clock4 mths

I should probably add it is using MS SQL server for the DB.

Clock4 mths

Could you try RDM 32 bit just for a quick test?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Thanks. I will give it a try and let you know.

Clock4 mths

Hi,

I removed it and installed again. Ran RemoteDesktopManager.exe still crashing.

Faulting application name: RemoteDesktopManager.exe, version: 2019.1.36.0, time stamp: 0x5d1e88ad
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xe665f337
Fault offset: 0x00113442
Faulting process id: 0x15e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53846300637e3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.exe
Report Id: 74173e8d-1948-47f2-88f3-15d7d3b5fe73

Thanks.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Could you try to perform a SFC Scannow and .Net Repair on your workstation as mentioned in this article
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_csf.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,
Had already tried sfc scannow. Gave the .net repair a try. No go.
So it "pretty much" seems to crash only when I click on a client folder. If I search for a node to connect to I can run the connection, if I click in a folder in the tree it opens I see the nodes cursor hour glasses quickly and poof the application is gone. It is working fine on our other Windows 10 systems. I don't believe any of them are up to 1903 though.

Thanks.

Clock3 mths

This was interesting, maybe not helpful.
I removed RDM again and moved the AppDat\Local\Devolutions folder to my desktop, rebooted and reinstalled.
RDM would then crash right after skipping the registration window (license is in the DB). I moved the folders back and it now is back to just crashing when clicking on a folder.

Clock3 mths

So I just remembered I installed a PC for a new engineer and it had upgraded to 1903 last week.I have confirmed RDM does work on it. I can't remember if I installed RDM before or after it updated Windows to 1903.
There is a difference in Windows version build numbers. RDM is working on 1903 Build 18362.207. My version is 1903 build 18362.239.
The one it is working on though is a fresh install of Windows mine has been running for some time and has many more apps.

Clock3 mths

There was one Dotnet update after 1903 KB2502584 so I removed it. That did not help so I put it back.
I have narrowed it down a bit though.
I noticed I could hit the arrow by a folder to display the sessions contained in it in the tree. Clicking on the folder it would crash sooooo I went to view and turned off the Dashboard and so far it has not crashed. Appears to be something with the dashboard or content there in.

Clock3 mths

Hi,
I can confirm turning the dashboard off in the view settings stops it from crashing.

Thank you.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Are you having difficulties with IE on your workstation?

Are you using this browser or not?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on October 14th 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi,

I do have IE but I have not noticed any issue with it.
We use a combination of IE, Chrome, Firefox. We also have Edge but it's not used very often.

Clock4 mths

Hi,
Sorry to hijack this post, but we are also having troubles with Windows 10 1903, especially with opening embedded browsers.

Maybe this woudl help you find a solution

Clock3 mths

@arcangel321,

What version of RDM are you running?

Could you go in File -> Options -> Types -> Web and check the option Disable Rundll32.exe.
Let me know if that help.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Version: 14.1.3.0 not the latest because there is an issiue with view password in our system.

Tried: Could you go in File -> Options -> Types -> Web and check the option Disable Rundll32.exe.
but still it hangs on something.

Didn't had this problem with the previous Windows version.

Clock3 mths

@arcangel321,

What is the problem with the embedded browser(s) exactly?

Could you elaborate on the subject? Is it possible to send us a small video of the issue?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

What version of RDM are you running?

Could you go in File -> Options -> Types -> Web and check the option Disable Rundll32.exe.Let me know if that help.

I am running 2019.1.36.0 64bit.
I had already disabled Rundll32.exe.

Thank.

Clock3 mths

@lhough@conres.com,

The message mentioned in your post wasn't for you but for arcangel321, sorry for the confusion.
This happen when multiple users are posting in the same thread.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

No worries. I thought so just covering my buttsmile

Clock3 mths

Sorry @lhough@conres.com

With our software it does not get stuck with folders but with embedded browsers, so I thought this might have to do with each other.

It happens with all embedded browsers, first you can double click an session it won't load. After the second session RDM hangs completely and must be forced quit through ctrl alt delete.

How can I upload something into the post?

Clock3 mths

I can verify using the latest version it works again, my collegue modfied the view password settings.

so sidenote: Older RDM version can cause problems using Windows 10 1903 opening embedded browsers

Clock3 mths

@arcangel321,

As I understand, your case is resolved using the latest version of RDM?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Yes that is correct smile

Clock3 mths

Well I have advanced to more broken smile
Now that there is a update it pops up the cert warning I accept it and the app crashes. I don't accept it, it crashes, I install the cert and restart same issue.
I may manually update but as it is mutli-user I can't just wing it with out notifications going out.

Faulting application name: RemoteDesktopManager64.exe, version: 2019.1.36.0, time stamp: 0x5d1e88af
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xb6f4b059
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
Faulting process id: 0x4b58
Faulting application start time: 0x01d542a0f1cb6a20
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager64.exe
Report Id: cb460468-5b57-4fdd-ad7a-f10cf700498e

Thanks.

Clock3 mths

Tried 32 again.

Faulting application name: RemoteDesktopManager.exe, version: 2019.1.36.0, time stamp: 0x5d1e88ad
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xe665f337
Fault offset: 0x00113442
Faulting process id: 0x257c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d542a258dbcc76
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.exe
Report Id: c49206b7-8f6d-4a0b-a782-47b9d6463a75

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Are you able to go in File -> Options -> Security and enable the option Ignore application certificate errors.
Let us know if that help.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

No I could not get the client up past the update screen.
We have version control on so there are no accidental updates by our users. I could not run the upgrade until I set the version. I set the new version in version management through VM I have then downloaded and upgraded my primary client manually.
Unfortunately it did not help with the client crashes if the dashboard is turned on but I am at least back to that.

Thanks.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

What do you mean by the update screen? Could you post a screenshot please?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths