Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

No Login possible after installation

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

I have done a complete installation of the Devolution Password server in the current version. I performed this installation according to the instructions of your helpserver.

So far so good. The AD integration, SQL connection as well as the conversion to SSL has worked everything.

The problem is that I can not log in. Neither over browser nor over Remote Desktop Manager.

I'm logging in with a domain user nor a "custom (devolution)" user.
After I press the login button on the website, the wheel rotates for 1 to 2 seconds and nothing happens. Pressing the button again is not possible. The button does not react anymore.

If I try to log in the user with an incorrect password, I get the message "invalid username or password, please verify your credentials!". So the authentication seems to work.

At the Remote Desktop Manager I get the message "Server does not respond - unexpected exception"

In the windows event logs I found nothing nor in the IIS log. There I see GET and POST with HTTP code 200.

The windows firewall is disabled for testing. But also without success.

That is system is constructed like this:
Server 2019 up-2-date (german)
.Net Framework 4.7.2
SQL Server 2017 Express Edition
Devolution Password Server 2019.1.17.0 (TeamEdition)
Remote Desktop Manager 2019.1.36.0

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Have you enabled the Integrated Security option in the Database tab of your DPS instance and set the IIS Application Pool Identity according to the following articles?
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/configure_integratedsecurity.htm
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/configure_sqlpermissions.htm

If so, please send us an email to ticket@devolutions.net and we will send you a SQL statement to grant permissions on the database to the account configured in the IIS Application Pool Identity.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello

Yes, I had done that. I will send a ticket to the given address.

Many Thanks.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

@everyone, after sending the SQL statement to the customer, everything works as expected now.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths