Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Changing credentials in sub-connection

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Within a RDP entry, I have a Wayk Now sub connection. The Wayk Now sub-connection is set to inherit, the parent RDP entry is set to inherit, the parent folder is set to inherit and the parent of that folder contains the credential from the credential repository.

If I go into the Wayk Now sub-connection and attempt to change the credentials from 'Inherited' to anything else, and select 'OK', upon re-opening the sub-connection entry the change has reverted back to 'Inherited'. I can't change it.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

We are unable to reproduce your issue with the provided informations.

Could it be possible for you to make a short video that shows how you reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Jonathan Iannone

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Can you provide the link to upload?

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Please use the sharefile link below to send us this video:
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/filedrop

Best regards

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Sent

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your video. Unfortunately, we cannot see the steps you took in RDM to reproduce this issue.

Would it be possible for you to record this behavior using another tool? We use Snagit to record this kind of behavior.
A trial of this product can be requested here: https://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

I found something - maybe it's intended behavior. Here's what my entry list looks like:

As you can see, each RDP entry has a child Wayk Now sub-entry. If I right-click and go to the properties of any RDP entry, under the 'General' tab, I see this:

If I go to the 'Sub Connections' tab, and then into the properties of the child Wayk Now sub-connection, I see this:

The credentials are set to inherit, and here I can change them to something else.

The change is only succesful if making the change via this method. If I expand the tree-view, and right-click/properties the child Wayk Now sub-connection DIRECTLY, the credential change will not be retained once I close and re-open the window.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you for this elaborate reply. As you mentioned, this seems to be the intended behavior when it comes to sub-connections.
That being said, I will contact our engineering department on that matter in order to confirm this.

I will contact you as soon as I will have an update on this.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

After having a discussion with our QA department, the only way to reproduce this issue is if we do the following:

1- Right on the Sub-Connection
2- Change the Credential mode of the Sub-Connection, then click on "OK"
3- We close the close the property window of the Parent entry instead of pressing on "OK"

Is this what you are doing? A recording of these steps can be found below in the attachment of this post.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

EditSubConnection.MP4
Clock6 mths

Exactly!

Clock6 mths

Perfect! In that case, I confirm that this is the intended behavior.

To prevent this from occurring, you would need to press on "OK" on both windows.

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Why have the option to change items if they are not retained?

Either way - I can change what I need to so I think my issue is resolved. Thanks.

Clock6 mths

The change you have made have not been retained because closing the property window of your parent entry with the "X" button, prevent any changes from being saved.

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

I always hit 'OK' whenever I attempt to change anything via the sub-connection properties directly. The parent entry isn't opened in this case.

Clock6 mths