Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Closing RDM message

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When closing RDM there is the option and message to show if there are open sessions and with that users get the message, 'You have one or ore sessions opened, do you want to close the application' ..
Is it possible to show/indicate also that sessions/credentials currently are Checked-Out by the user?

Regards, Marcel

Clock6 mths

Hello Marcel,
You would like the popup also if you have checkout entries even if you have not opened connection?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello David,

Indeed.. In RDM we have various accounts with password entries that are used for sessions that are not avaliable in RDM (example AEM-Datto external Remote session where now these entries have to be Copy - Past for login) These entries have set the Check-out mode 'manual' so they can be used just for one user at a time (what is the intention) As soon as a user has finished his work, he will Check-In this entrie making it avaliable again for other users. In practise we see that this is sometimes forgotten and with a popup when closing RDM it would at least make the user aware that he has still Checked-Out entries.

Hope I've made it a bit clear with this, but should you have any questions please ask :-)
Regards,

Marcel

Clock6 mths

Hi David,

Is this an option that may be included in RDM ?

Regards,

Marcel

Clock6 mths

Yes, I have added a feature request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi David,

Is there any update regarding this request?

Regards, Marcel

Clock4 mths

Nothing new for now but it still on our todo list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

We've added the functionality and reworked the close prompt a little. These changes will be available in RDM 2019.2.9.0. Please let us know if there is any issue.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thn for the feedback Hubert, as soon as it is avaliable I will check and inform you about this.

Regards, Marcel

Clock2 mths

Hello Hubert,

That's exactly the 'thing' needed :-) thnx!

Regards, Marcel

Clock2 mths

Thanks for the feedback Marcel, I'm glad it works well for you smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths