Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Password Search Widget

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

If you work with apps like TeamViewer or Websites and Terminal Sessions you do not want to embed to RDM window it is very frustrating to switch between the applications to search for passwords.
As the RDM windows is very big (for embedded sessions) it covers other windows like TeamViewer or Browser windows while searching for passwords.

A small widget which looks like the Navigation panel which can be minimized and focused interdependently would be very nice.
You would be able to search the session in the navigation panel, and search for another password in the widget.

Recently i used a instance of Password Vault Manager for this. As the PVM is discontinued i am missing a workable alternative.

Regards,
Thomas

Clock5 mths

Hello,
I have few solutions for you. The first one is the tray icon where you can navigate your entries or favorites. The second, if you want to search for an entry is to invoke the Filter dialog from the ribbon View. You can add a global shortcut in File->Options to invoke the dialog from anywhere.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

the filter dialog comes very close to the desired feature.

But currently the filter dialog is bound to the main window.
Wenn the filter dialog ist opened the main RDM window is locket. And wenn i focus the filter dialog window the RDM main window comes into foreground.

So is it possible to sumbit a feature request to split off the filter dialog into a independent window which is also shown in the windows taskbar and which can be minimized and focused independently of the main window.

Regards,
Thomas

Clock5 mths

I will add this to our todo list. I have an idea.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths