Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Letters are transformed into unreadable characters if use devutations online drive as a data source

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello! I use the Russian version of RDM. If i use a local data source, the program works well. But if I use devutations online drive as a data source, the headers in the folder headers, some letters are transformed into unreadable characters. Gradually, when editing connections, they become more and more. If I export data to xml or rdm in the text there are bad characters. I attached a pdm file to the message. Folder names are duplicated. One folder with the correct name, another its clone but unreadable instead of some characters.

1.rdm
1.png
Clock5 mths

Hello,
I will log this bug.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Your .rdm file contains many Russian characters but it looks like there is only one that doesn't render properly.

What character is missing exactly? Is it л?
If you edit the group and fix it does it get corrupted again?

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

The given file is only an example. In my original file there are a lot of other folders with corrupted characters. There are broken symbols й, в, с, л. It seems that it does not depend on the symbol, in some folders they are normal, in some broken. These symbols appear only if I create connections using the devolutions online drive data source. Also, if I import a valid file into the devolutions online drive, it will break and corrupt characters will appear. Since the folder with broken characters is duplicated, I cannot rename it to the same folder, I get an error "You can't duplicate a filder with same name". If I rename to another name, there are no broken characters. If I transfer the connection from the folder with broken characters to a normal folder, then the old folder with broken characters is displayed correctly. If I try to delete it, then in the confirmation text of the deletion, I see that the characters are broken.

Clock4 mths

Thank you for the video. The behavior is very strange, we must have a "segment" of code that doesn't take unicode characters into account. Odd things is, some words contain both good & bad unicode characters. This one won't be easy to solve. Challenge accepted.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths