Forum / Wayk Now - Support

The connection could not be established

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I have installed Wayk Now on 2 hosts with the msi installer.

When trying to connect i always get the error message "The connection could not be established". When I choose the prompt for permission authentication method, the client side can accept the request, but then i get the error message popup on the operator side.

kind regards

WaykNow client side.log
WaykNow operator side.log
Clock28 days

Hello

Sorry to hear about this issue, and thank you for sending the log files.

I would really like to rule out an issue with our WebRTC-based transport. Can you please try to enable the relay server option, and see if that helps?

On one machine (either the client or the server), navigation to Options > Connectivity and enable the option "Prioritize relay servers for peer-to-peer connections".

This option will try to use a TCP relay server. You will need to ensure that TCP port 8080 is open.

Then try the connection again, and let us know the result. If it's still a problem, please can you upload the updated log files?

Thanks and best regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

Hello,

I have the same error message with this option enabled.

regards
Siegfried

WaykNow client side.log
WaykNow operator side.log
Clock28 days

Hi Siegried

Please can you check on the server-side for this file:

%tempdir%\NowSession.log (in general, that will normally expand to C:\Windows\temp\NowSession.log)

And send it to me?

Thanks again and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock27 days

Hello,

In attachment the log file.

regards
Siegfried

NowSession.log
Clock27 days

Hi Siegfried

Thanks again for your patience, and for sending the log file over.

Do you run a third-party anti-virus, e.g. Kaspersky?

There exists a possible incompatibility between the Wayk Now unattended service and certain anti virus software. We have made a fix for this internally but it won't be generally available until the next release. However, we did back port that fix into 3.2.1 and I'll send you the installer link via personal message.

(This is assuming that you are running an anti-virus software - if that's not the case, please let me know)

Please check your personal messages and let me know if there's any problem

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock26 days

Hi Richard,

Works like a charm now! Thanks!

Will this fix also be included in a future version of Remote Desktop Manager? There i still get ConnectCore failed:

regards
Siegfried

Clock24 days

Hi Siegried

Good news! I'm glad that resolves the issue for you.

For Remote Desktop Manager; I expect it's a different problem (the compatibility issue with Kaspersky was a server-side issue).

Do you see the error message just as "ConnectCore failed:"? If it is the first connection you try after launching RDM, does it work? And then subsequent connections fail?

If that matches your issue, I think this is a known bug that is already fixed for the next RDM version. If it's something else, we need to look into that further.

Thanks again,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock23 days

Hi,

At first sight, that matches my issue. I'll wait for the update to test it further in RDM.

thanks for the help!

Siegfried

Clock22 days

Hi Siegfried

Thanks for the follow up!

Richard

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock21 days

Hello Siegried

Wayk Now 3.3.0 is now generally available, and should fix compatibility issues with Kaspersky anti-virus.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock1 day

Hello Siegried

A corresponding update for RDM was released this week. I believe this will address the "ConnectCore failed:" issue - if you have further problems, please let us know!

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock1 day

Hi Richard,

Just did the updates. The connectcore failed issue is indeed solved!

Thanks

Siegfried

Clock1 day