Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Safari Not Acknowledging Web Auto Login

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I've got a situation where RDM on Windows using the Chrome engine passes login credentials just fine, but when a user on Mac accesses the same website using the Safari engine, the exact same settings do not auto-login, or populate the form.

I can successfully use either id="login-box" or id="control-pad" in the Chrome engine. Neither of these seem to acknowledged in Safari.

The Mac is running High Sierra, Safari version 12.1.1.

The HTML Looks like this:

<body>
<iframe src="javascript:''" id="__gwt_historyFrame" tabindex="-1" style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>

<noscript>
<div style="width: 22em; position: absolute; left: 50%; margin-left: -11em; color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid red; padding: 4px; font-family: sans-serif">
Your web browser must have JavaScript enabled
in order for this application to display correctly.
</div>
</noscript>
<iframe src="javascript:&quot;&quot;" id="webapp" tabindex="-1" style="position: absolute; width: 0px; height: 0px; border: none; left: -1000px; top: -1000px;"></iframe>
<div aria-hidden="true" style="display: none;"></div>
<div id="body" class="body-container">
<div>
<div id="login-box">
<div style="margin: 60px;">
<div id="logo-pad"></div>
<div id="model-pad">
<div class="name">Phone Type</div>
<div class="desc">Phone Description</div>
</div>
<div id="control-pad">
<div class="control-row">
<div class="label">Username</div>
<div class="content"> <input type="text" class="gwt-TextBox"> </div>
</div>
<div class="label">Password</div>
<div class="content"> <input type="password" class="gwt-PasswordTextBox"> <button type="button" class="gwt-Button">Login</button> </div>
</div>
<div class="label">Language</div>
<div class="content"> <select class="gwt-ListBox"><option value="en">English</option><option value="es">Español</option></select></div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="footer-pad">
<div class="gwt-HTML">Copyright © Company Info</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>

Thanks for any help.

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I've moved your post the the Mac forum. Thank you for sharing the HTML, this will be very helpful in reproducing the issue.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi,

Are we talking about a Web Browser session? If so, may I ask how you've configured the Login -> Html Control ID tab of you session?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Xavier,

Yes, this is Web Browser session, configured at attached. This actually works on a PC using the Chrome engine.

Mac_LoginConfig.png
Clock2 mths

Thanks.

I might have an idea on what is the issue. I should have an answer and possibly a fix Monday.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Awesome, thank you.

Clock2 mths

Hi,

I've fixed the issue. I've made sure that the element class attribute was taken into account when searching for the fields and that div could be considered as form. I did the same changes for the buttons search, so you should be able to auto submit by putting "gwt-Button" in the "Login button ID" field of RDM. [ENTER] didn't seem to work.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

Hello,

This is great news! Do you have a rough time frame on when the fix will be generally available?

Thanks!

Clock30 days

Hi,

I'm building a version at this very moment. You can expect it somewhere this week (if everything goes well).

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

That is great. Xavier, thank you very much!

Clock30 days

Hi,

RDM and RDM Free 2019.1.6.0 have been released and contains the fix for this issue. Please tell me if you're having any other issues.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock27 days

Hi,

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid there's no change in behavior. Loading a session does not even populate the UN/PW boxes. On PC, using the Chrome engine, the boxes populate and using [ENTER] processes the form correctly, while using gwt-Button results in no action.

I've attached two screenshots of how, in the Mac version of RDM, I've configured the session.

Thanks

mac_issue021.png
mac_issue022.png
Clock27 days

Hi,

This is weird. And you confirm that your RDM version is 2019.1.6.0 (you can see it at the bottom right of RDM's Main Window)?

I'm trying right now with the HTML you've provided us and it autofill and click properly. Here's the settings I'm using:

And here is the result:

I've tried with the Form ID as "login-box" too and it seems to work.

As a test, if you create a file with your HTML and create a new session with it as the URL, does it still not work?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock27 days

I performed the test on the above HTML and it did indeed auto fill as it should. So, I went back and requested the HTML again from the vendor's login page and I think found the problem:

===================
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9">
<title>Loading Web Application</title>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="webapp/webapp.nocache.js"></script>
<script src="https://use.fontawesome.com/323bf68b46.js"></script>
</head>

<body>
<iframe src="javascript:''" id="__gwt_historyFrame" tabIndex='-1' style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>

<noscript>
<div style="width: 22em; position: absolute; left: 50%; margin-left: -11em; color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid red; padding: 4px; font-family: sans-serif">
Your web browser must have JavaScript enabled
in order for this application to display correctly.
</div>
</noscript>
</body>
</html>

===================

That is the entirety of the page when NOT looking at just the login component. I apologize for not digging deeper before posting this request.

I'm going to guess this will prevent login from actually working in Safari.

Quick edit: because the page is being dynamically created, I wondering if PC/Chrome works because I put a 100 ms delay on it? I don't see that option in the Mac version of RDM.

Clock27 days

Hi,

As you mention in your post scriptum, it's entirely possible that the autofill does not work since when we attempt to do it the login part is not yet generated. That being said, this can be easily fixed by adding a delay (just as you mentioned). I'll have to look into creating a scenario.

I'm not entirely sure when I can get this to you though, I won't be able to work on this the next two weeks. I'll try to have something done tomorrow and send you a preview version then.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock27 days

Hi,

I've built preview versions that add support for the auto fill delay option. Can you try it and tell me if it solves your issue?

Here's the Enterprise edition: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bpxrkm490qr2wk/devolutions.remotedesktopmanager.mac.2019.1.6.1561120254.dmg?dl=0
And here's the Free edition: https://www.dropbox.com/s/losnxqglo3jjho9/devolutions.remotedesktopmanager.free.mac.2019.1.6.1561121060.dmg?dl=0

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock26 days

Hi,

That seems to have done the trick! Thank you very much for such a quick response time!

Thanks again!

Clock26 days

Glad to hear it!

Don't hesitate if you encounter any other issues.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock26 days