Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Show alternate host on the overview tab

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

On a couple of sessions we've configured an alternative host.

It would be helpful if the alternate host address information can be visible on the overview tab of the session.
This makes it a lot easier to find out if an alternative host is available and which IP/URL is configured.

In addition, it would also be nice if alternative host can be added as a column and if it is availble in search.

Best regards,
Leonard

Clock6 mths

Hello,
It's a good idea. It should not be hard to add.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

We added :

• Alternate Host information in overview
  • The possibility to add the Alternate Host field as a column in the treeview
  • The possibility to do a search using the Alternate Host field

All changes will be effective in the next update (2019.1.40.0)

Regards,

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Thanks for adding the changes in RDM !

I updated my RDM to 2019.1.41, but I can't find the Alternate Host as a column field yet.
On a folder (customer), on the tab Entries, I can't find the field in the column chooser.

Best regards,
Leonard

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Alternate Host is available on session entries, like RDP, SSH or others. Under the More section, you could see the Alternate Host box.

Alternate+Host+Entry

Once an Alternate Host is added, in the overview of the dashboard you will see the Host and the Alternate Host.

Alternate+Host+Overview

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Alternate_Host_Entry.png
Alternate_Host_Overview.png
Clock4 mths

Hello David,

I've found the Alternate Host field on the Overview of sessions. Thanks for adding this in RDM!

Gabriel described it should also be possibe to add the Alternate Host field as a column.
I've tried this on Dashboard, tab Entries, but I can't find the Alternate Host field in the column chooser.

Best regards,
Leonard

AlternateHost-Column.png
Clock4 mths

Hello Leonard,

We added the possibility to add the Alternate Hosts field as a column only in the Navigation panel.
We will add this possibility for the tab Entries on Dashboard as quickly as we can.

ColumnChooserL

Regards,

ColumnChooserL.png
Clock4 mths

Hello Leonard,

The Alternate Hosts column in Dashboard and tab Entries has been added.

All changes will be effective in the next update (2019.1.42.0)

Regards,

Clock4 mths

Thank you !

Are there plans on adding this several changes also in RDM for Mac ?

Clock3 mths

Hi,

We will do point 1 "Alternate Host information in overview" and point 3 "The possibility to do a search using the Alternate Host field", but we do not support adding columns in session tree or table view. So point 2 "The possibility to add the Alternate Host field as a column in the treeview" is not possible as of this moment.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thanks, the points 1 and 3 will already be very useful to view or search for the Alternate Hosts.

Best regards,
Leonard

Clock3 mths