Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

SQL Login Error "provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer availab"

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We use Azure SQL with "Active Directory Interactive (with MFA support)" with "Azure App Settings" configured and are using version 2019.1.25.0 64bit.

Intermittently I get a connection error as below and screenshot, doesn't seem to be a pattern. It doesn't seem to be related to how long I take to go through the login process as I initially thought it might be a timeout issue.

Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.TryGoOfflineException: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerConnectionDataSource.ExecuteScalar[T](String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.GetConnectionCacheID()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.HasSecurityChanged()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.c5ef36373244cdf2ba529a3f9d55c7fda(BaseConnectionDataSource c7f28727fc7a5daa94ba08f688b2a5781)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadConnections(BaseConnectionDataSource dataSource, ConnectionEngine currentEngine)

rdm error.png
Clock4 mths

RDM still starts up and prompts to "Go Offline" and I can immediately click go online (Orange world icon bottom right on the status bar) and it will turn green.

Clock4 mths

It looks like an intermittent login/connection issue with Azure SQL. We will need to add more robust retry logic when the error occurs. In the mean time, "Go Offline" + "Go Online"/F5 is a work around.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths